Indian Super League 2015

Comments

• If you give the Mumbai City players the pitch to themselves and no opposition shows up, they would still find a way to lose. That is how bad Mumbai City are. A soft central midfield and an over-zealous centre back pairing apart, the real issue however is that El SUlk cannot see the way he is dragging his own team down. He is simply not good enough not even for this level and he is more of a cog and what is worse is that he takes up the position of a foreign player the team. Mumbai City really should have learned from last season when they had Ljunberg and he couldn't take the field because he was past it. If they wanted to popularize the game and improve the team, they need to get rid of passengers like Anelka.

It is hard enough having to try an play a game of football with the likes of Keegan Pereira, Saran Singh and Subrata Pal (once again full of mistakes and can be directly blamed for NE's 2nd, and should have done better for the 1st. His teammates seem to be running out of patients with him, and Cmovs gave him a earful for taking him out), but when you add totally irrelevant footballers like Pratesh, Kingshuk, Kattymani and the brainless Rowilson, you are going to suffer. I have only seen a worse professional footballer in the ISL and I-League than Rowilson and that is Prabir Das. I don;t want to waste my breadth on Rowilson so I will avoid getting into that.

NorthEast had a game pan, they kept it tight, was aggressive and just relied on the dependable Mumbai City players to implode and that us exactly what happened. 
    DomnicatuljgArsenalFan700kartik91Soham_De
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    edited November 2015
    any reason for very poor attendance today?
    Only 15,123
  • RonnyRonny 10488 Points
    well I absolutely loved the article on Peter Ramage... a lot of truth in there that we ignore.
    ArsenalFan700
  • MaddieMaddie ಮೈಸೂರು(Mysuru) / Canada2978 Points
    Attendance will keep on dropping... No wonder 5 years down the line ISL will be worst than I league
    Deb_Ban
  • footydipfootydip Ranaghat, Nadia, West Bengal2722 Points
    edited November 2015
    he is not here to explore how india is lagging, rather he is here to play. it would have been better if ramage talked more about the game, less about the problem. Many players are there who are better as a player than ramage. If Indian culture is unbearable he should not return, that's it. Basically we are different. And it is not always easy to handle 1.25 bn population with so much cultural diversity.
    BrainFallINDIAkartik91Soham_DeDeb_Ban
  • MaddieMaddie ಮೈಸೂರು(Mysuru) / Canada2978 Points
    Don't tag lack of proper infrastructure to different culture ;)
    Sunbha123Ashlesh
  • spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points
    Send the shits like Ramage and all back to their own wonderland. Free me khilao pilao n nautanki kamino ki.

We have the money power to attract them as simple as that let them find a job anywhere else like Syria or any other country if they are too fed up of India. Who cares about these?? Next year we will get better South Americans here with loads of international experience and let's stop the inflow of English dudes here if they are racist as simple as that. IPL walon ne watt to laga rakhi hai na unki.
    If they come to India, means they should just talk positively about our country. We know the problems of our country better than some random player out here. If someone like Roberto Carlos,Lucio are not having any f**king problem then who f**k is this guy. Those guys are legends in their country and worshipped worldwide and not having problems and now this guy who is just another guy whom can be replaced by anyone just anyone from any decent footballing country is seeing problem rather than playing football. Watching pretty good amount of matches this season but heard too much praise of hum and actually didn't even hear his name literally.

Just throw them out as simple as that.
    atuljgkartik91footydipshibierDeb_Ban
  • karenesudhakar2050karenesudhakar2050 Hyderabad 1504 Points
    edited November 2015
    Roony can you give the link of ramage article
  • The real AGThe real AG 3324 Points
    edited November 2015
    It is also worth noting that people all over Europe will look at India as a life experience, as will any professional footballer who may venture out to places like Asia. Also, the people back in Europe want to hear what that experience was about as that will carry enough weight to sell papers/get clicks as much as a footballing experience in a different league. And lets face it, nobody will come out here from the top leagues to make a step up in football, and as such, the writers will elaborate to get their articles more hits and the footballers will elaborate if it means getting them some publicity with which will come opportunities at professional football or management, here or anywhere else.
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30184 Points
    Since the article on Ramage has managed to pick up a controversy, I read it again. I do agree that it is quite right in pointing out the various lacunae in the ISL (lack of infrastructure, most footballers lack basic skills), but I still think that it smacks of an imperial, condescending attitude. Rather than celebrating the diversity of Indian culture, it tends to take a condemnatory attitude towards it, or why should he so summarily put it  that India is a country where the overwhelming mass of people, poverty, noise and smells offer arguably a bigger culture shock than anywhere else on the planet. That might be the writer's opinion, why should  he speak for others? As for cuisine, spicy food is certainly not good for players, but he speaks as if it is a taboo everywhere else in the world. As for the customs related gaffe regarding Bywater, it is certainly ridiculous, but what happened to British Airways and Sachin Tendulkar's luggage? But certainly, the article also calls for introspection and whether the ISL and the accompanying glitz and glamour is worth it. Now, let's move on.

atuljgreddevil87footydipSoham_DeDeb_Ban