2014-15 I-League Round 14: Theirs to lose! Can Bagan continue their momentum? IS SANJOY SEN A GOD!?

Comments

• EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    @Guwahatian Normal people in non-footballing states still dont give shit about Indian players :D 
    sammunna219777Deb_Ban
  • coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    I-League will die a slow, painful and an agonizing death. Mark my words. Cause those who rise have to fall some day. 
    Instead, in this case I-League never ROSE. 
    atuljgAKBkuldeep007
  • coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    And about the crowd support that we are talking about. How much is EB/MB managing per game. In spite of the timings being decent this time around, 4:30 and 7:00, I don't think people are interested to watch the games. What maybe 10K per game?? Hardly more than 15K I guarantee. Its only up and up from here. We can't go down like a pussy.
  • GuwahatianGuwahatian 236 Points
    I don't know about other states . But now in assam people always asking about assamese players . Before isl they were unknown . Because of isl Now Durga boro , a decent player gets loudest cheer in here . Holi is a better player than durga but i doubt maximum 100 people know him in assam . I think he signs for neutd and will become a superstar after isl
    samDXatuljg
  • GuwahatianGuwahatian 236 Points
    The same thing was happened with ipl also . Pro ranji trophy supports didn't want ipl. See what happen now . Before ipl , indian team gets players mostly from 2-3 big teams such mumbai & delhi ranji team . But after ipl, from unknown sources india is getting players. Ashiwn , jadeja , axar , umesh , varun , dhawan etc all of them are ipl product not ranji trophy ..
    atuljg
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    shifting the blame is so easy. i cannot believe MB and EB cared a rats ass when JCT,mahindra,viva kerala and more recently stood quite when chrchill was the one fighting against AIFF all alone.
    btw even BFC were stubborn not to loan its players to the iSL for which both EB and MB did
    so lets not make a saint out of a sinner. point is a circus as you call in pan indian and truly does represent kolkatta too whether u like it or not.
    not that indian football was great since 97 when i-league was launched. surely if i-league is a miserable failure then restructure it. 2 clubs in the i-league doesnt constitute anything.
    shankaratuljgAKB
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    just now what i read ?? Dhawan is IPL product ? come on man that man have tons of run for delhi in Ranji , he never considered bcz of his own state Left hander opener Gambhir ,, when gambhir was out he was first one to given chance ..

Umesh and varun never had good IPL , all hardcore Indian fans know them way before they broke in iPL bcz of their pace ..

Ashwin and Jadega are in team just bcz they play for CSK thats it ! we have better spinners in country than them ! may be ashwin is better but jadega is waste of spot !

Topic close .. this thread is not for cricket ! 
    munna219777Deb_Banreddevil87AKB
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    Anyways, I think this was about round 14 of I-League. Its better we leave it here, this kind of debate never ends. ISL's success or failure would be better judged at end of 2016 edition. Also if the new clubs from Mizoram, Guwahati and Hyderabad join I-League next year, it will be the most diversified national league ever! Hope AIFF doesnt goof shit up and I would want both I-League and the circus to continue. 

P.S. Durga Boro and Holicharan Nazary are both poor quality players. Cant score a goal to save their lives.

P.P.S. The players who came to Indian cricket team due to their IPL performance has been thoroughly exposed in the international arena. Ravinder Jadeja has 3 first class tripple centuries and thats his claim to fame. 
    munna219777Deb_BanatuljgAKB
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Agree with @Deb_Ban on Atletico de Kolkata but overall, when talking about the rest of the teams, it may be true right now but we need to give it time before the teams become part of the culture.

This is also partly the reason why we need a longer tournament in the future otherwise their will be no connection made... it will be like the IPL. No one really cares for the IPL teams outside the IPL window and maybe the T20 Champions League.

And again... fuck Atletico de Kolkata.... as Deb said, rubbish name for a McDonalds like franchise. Worse than New York City FC.
    munna219777Deb_BanEastBengalPrideAKB
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29243 Points
    @Guwahatian what if I tell you that Indian players in I-league get paid more then ISL. but I know u will not agree with as you are new too Indian football or a typical euro fan.
    munna219777Deb_BanatuljgEastBengalPrideashindiaAKB