2014-15 I-League Round 14: Theirs to lose! Can Bagan continue their momentum? IS SANJOY SEN A GOD!?

Comments

• coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    Tried to stay away from this debate on ISL vs I-League here. But, BOOM! There you go. 
    East Bengal and Mohun Bagan never deserve to be in ISL if they don't pull up their socks and improve their organizational structure. Although I would love to see these two in ISL. But, as of now, they don't deserve it. ATK may have non- bengali speaking fans who are in for entertainment, but who the fuck cares?? They are in for entertainment and let them enjoy. Why does it bother to you? And are you really this NOOB to compare EB/MB fan base to ATK. Bloody ATK is 1 year old. You expect them to have a loyal fan base bigger than these two. I doubt you. And I know people in Kolkata who supported ATK wholeheartedly. Why?? Not because they love EB/MB. Its because ATK was representing the city of KOLKATA rather than a section on people based on region to where they belong to. They were not supporting for the love of EB/MB. But, for the LOVE of the game. This is the reason why KOLKATA is rightly known as the mecca of Indian football. Its because people love FOOTBALL not EB/MB. I guarantee half of people don't support either EB or MB in I_League in Kolkata. WHy? Because they don't fucking care. Take it or leave it. That depends on you. 
    DXatuljg
  • AKBAKB Kolkata3039 Points
    Certain guys think that using upstart language would put more weight in their comment. Normally one need not use foul slangs to put weight in their comment unless he has nothing else to use. Some day this may come back to him hard.
    It is nice to learn that ATK immediately after it's birth has been representing the city of Kolkata. No pundit needs to tell that ATK represents city of Kolkata. Organize a match between Mohun Bagan or East Bengal with ATK and then see how ATK is represented by city of Kolkata. Gimmicks don't last for long. Can those so called ATK supporters (all superficial to say honestly) remember match by match results of ATK ? A Mohun Bagan or East Bengal supporter does remember. By raising your voice with slangs & rubbish wordings do not prove anything. It only proves the insecurity.
    Mohun Bagan and EB supporters go to the stadium not to look at the Bollywood glamour persons, they go to see their beloved team playing. That comes from the heart and that is passion. When Mohun Bagan or East Bengal loses, many many many of their respective supporters feel as if they have lost one of their beloved. Some guys do not know it so they can voice loads of rubbish. It is better to ignore such posts  ISL needs Mohun Bagan & East Bengal for it's own survival and it is going to happen sooner after a few of the teams back out within a year or two.
    munna219777Deb_Banatuljg
  • footydipfootydip Ranaghat, Nadia, West Bengal2722 Points
    @coolgagan bro chill. you should have a hand on experience for both atk match and a mb/eb match at vybk. then only you can comment. I went to stadium for atk matches and there were some people asking for 'where are the cheerleaders? ' they are those ipl watchers who went to the stadium to watch some females with short dress in action not to watch luis garcia with ball. on the other side for an eb or mb match people used to go to see their idols in action.
    if no one cares really about eb and mb then ask img to run only one club in kolkata scraping eb and mb.I bet you if it happens no one in kkolkata or wb will give a fuck to isl. isl is good but this clubs are heart of many people like us.
    goalkeeparmunna219777Deb_Banatuljg
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Fuck Atletico de Kolkata! Long live East Bengal and Mohun Bagan!
    samDXatuljg
  • coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    Neither I'm speaking against EB/MB nor I'm defending ATK for its showing in the ISL. EB/MB are legendary clubs and will remain the same. I respect them for their heritage and irrespective of their conditions, read financial insecurities, these clubs have stood by their stand and played for their fans. Now, that is what I respect. But, what I don't like is the way they operate. And do you know why we are criticizing them. Cause this is positive criticism. WE want them to improve. 
    But, criticizing ATK for whatever they have done is not right. And segregating fans on the basis on EB/MB or ATK support is not done. They are fans of football. We suffer from the threat of Cricket in India. We need to introduce more people to the beautiful game in India. We need to unify under a single brand of football. Yeah, other out there may not be as smart as you guys when it comes to Indian football. But, someday we have to introduce them to the sport. We need these guys to have an emotional connect with the club. Sentiments have to be developed in the long term. EB/MB are 100 years old. Can you realize how much time it has taken for these clubs to grow. Give some time.

Cause someone really great said, " Life will find a way."
    EastBengalPrideatuljg
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    Yap yap yap.. ISL is to blame for this for that blah blah... I league schedule has to be changed accomadate ISL cos that's the best Indian football can offer as entertainment to the world. Who cares watching I-league matches at 3pm in the middle of the week.

Eb and MB clock ticking to adapt.
    ashindiagoalkeeparatuljg
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9950 Points
    I object to the comment 'ATK represent Kolkata'. They don't. ATK is not more than a franchisee of Atleti Madrid, like McDonald Park Street does not represent Park Street, they represent McDonald; the 'Park Street' suffix is just to corner the local business. All marketing done by ATK is for the benefit of Madrid.

The city of Kolkata do not have any Spanish connection. So why would Kolkattans go gaga over this club? I can vouch that in Kolkata nobody interested in football is bothered about ATK. They are, at best, seasonal entertainment like the circus tents in winter (that is why the search for cheergirls and film stars). You think they are bothered about football?
    MaddieEastBengalPrideAKBfootydipashindiagoalkeeparArsenalFan700munna219777bida 25
  • GuwahatianGuwahatian 236 Points
    Why do i always find only some keyboard warriors hate isl ? I never find a player that wants to shut down isl . Because of isl they are getting fame and money ! Before isl normal people doesn't give a shit about indian player .
    shankaratuljg
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    Cos this forum is dominated by kolkatta and goan fans who have the previliage of being in the think of things in football domestically. Now that other parts of the country is getting exposure they suddenly cry and create a siege mentality. Like it or not ATK are here to stay. ISL is here to stay. Not sure why a 3 month tournament is creatting such a fear factor and ridicule.
    ashindiagoalkeeparatuljgreddevil87AKB
  • AKBAKB Kolkata3039 Points
    I think Kolkata and Goan fans who allegedly dominate this forum were very very disappointed when JCT, Mahindra United, Kerala Police etc. closed down. Because everybody wants that football should be played all over the country so that talents surface.
    As someone commented here "before ISL normal people doesn't give a shit about Indian players"....... what a feeling !!!! Earlier it was argued that ISL would take Indian football to the next level, with such feeling from pro ISL persons, I'm sure ISL will take Indian football to the rock bottom. and as far as keyboard warriors are concerned....let me add here that by the look of the posts one can catch whether the guy is a keyboard warrior or facebook rebel or a regular to the venues.
    ISL is a circus because it is played just for 3 m & not round the year........like Oriental / Olympic / Russian Circus which comes to the cities in winter. If somebody tells that IMG-R cares for Indian Football.... he must be living in a fool's paradise. Days are not far off when AFC  starts to nudge AIFF to rationalize I-League and tell them to have a minimum no. of teams.
    Just as in every circus we see clown, here in ISL we have also a competent set of clowns who have made AIFF their paternal property.
    goalkeeparDeb_Banatuljg