Indian Football Transfer News 2015-16, Rumours, Gossips, Signings

Comments

• EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    Thats because @deepakc presumes that IMG does not want a single league. We all know most ISL franchises dont want a longer league anyways.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Longer league? Who knows but they would love a single league.
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    I doubt it rohan..apart from chennai/kolkata neither wld last long in a single league for various reasons, which will anyways never happen as long as img/nita/pp rule.

• Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10066 Points
    Ownership! Who will own the single league? AIFF, the clubs or IMG-R? It has to be between the first two. A country's premier league cannot be privately run.

IMG-R will be mighty pissed if such prize possession leaves their pocket. Their chances of making a ransom out of sale of shares of clubs collapses in such a scenario. After all they have been pouring money into it all along hoping for this (this is the actual ISL for the owners, not the ones those are being played in the fields).
    deepakcgoalkeeparmunna219777
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    EPL is privately run!
    Deb_Ban
    You mean FA runs EPL?
    edited October 2015
    As far as I know, 20 clubs together form the EPL body and decide on the running of epl.

The FA doesn't run it like AIFF runs I league.
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    EPL is the ideal model. Where clubs jointly share revenue and stakeholders in the league.

This model never works for PP & the crony capitalists. They want to own the league, own all participants and share No revenue with anyone.

Any other association wld hv been after Nita/PP to increase the no. Of aiff academies to tap more talent rather than closing all regional academies'.
    An association would hv ensured that new clubs being launched have a timetable for adhering to club license norms.

Here everything seems to be shared amongst the extended family. Truly PP must be thrown out of this post and we must get someone with an iota of spine and honesty.

Just imagine if we had a semi decent aiff, we cld hv a league with Mahindra united/jct/viva kerala.....these teams cld hv really pushed BFC to improve faster.

Now we hv kenkre/pifa/neroca & likes participating so that aiff can make up the min nos. For grants to keep coming

these teams belong in a city/state leagueat best
    atuljgkartik91
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    The simple reason for ISL model (owned by a single entity) to exist is because the cost is still within the budget of IMG-R/Ambanis. I doubt if ISL grew to the level of EPL (by miracle), it will be held a single entity. Nobody is stupid enough to invest such amount ( > 100 times of current expenditure). The only way they can survive by sharing (both investment and profit). At max worse that would happen will be IMG-R or any other party can own few teams of all to have a bigger say in the proceeding.

I am expecting to see IMG-R selling few franchises to independent owners by start of next season ISL. 

This discussion has been closed.