Indian Football Transfer News 2015-16, Rumours, Gossips, Signings

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    "Hey, Sumit, you report about that football team we have here... Bharat FC Pune or something."
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Welcome of Honduras NT almost finalized as the 4th foreigner in MB reports Sangbad Pratidin today
    footydip
  • SoccerloverSoccerlover 3434 Points
    @gaffertape Kolkata newspapers won't sell if they talk about U-19 league or Nursery League! I keep on reading numerous suggestions in IFN on :
    a)whats needed to be done to improve Indian football - do u think people who runs Indian Football (howsoever uneducated they are about football - as lot of us tend to think over here), do not have any iota of knowledge about whats to be done? (remember Bhaichung Bhutia is a key member in the committee btw);
    b) Whats ails Indian football;
    c) I have seen @Aresenalfan trying his luck to suggest n number of footballers from the world over every year during transfer season, who he thinks can come over to India - has anyone of them have ever come and played here! C'mon lets be practical enough and discuss something which is viable n possible - whats the point in trying to deliver gyan, which doesn't have any relevance in Indian football? There are very few exceptions to this; Sony Norde, for eg., has made a wrong choice to come n play in India - more so in Bagan; his career/aspirations/hope of making it big would be as good as over in few years' time, if he continue to play in India. U think Sony is unaware of this ? Can't be! But the bigger question is why is he then on the verge of signing a long term deal with Bagan - b'cos its always not money that matters! its the love n the adulation that u enjoy or crave for as an icon - which many thinks is the forte in Kolkata football & hence they stick to this unprofessional system(yes there are few jokers who try to take advantage of this faulty system n continue making money)
    d) Am sure most EB n MB supporters in this forum is pretty peeved n frustrated with how football is being run in Kolkata; however, with all this talk of professionalism adopted by BFC, PFC, Salgaocar, Bharat., Shillong Lajong etc., show many any single team (except Bengaluru), who has DELIVERED. Whats the point in having infra, professional setup etc., if u can't bloody deliver when it matters most! Remember - most of these teams have given the best of facility to the footballers, have moderately good financial backup to run the show, but why is it that after few years, with no desirable results to talk about they lose focus/wind up? Whereas look at MB & EB - b'cos of their unprofessional setup, they dont attract corporate houses ( USL do not comply to the sponsorship agreement with Bagan), and despite all these challenges these two clubs manage to rope in quality footballers and most of the renowned names in Indian football always harbor their feeling of donning MB/EB colors at their peak! Why do they do so - when football in India has rightly become more professional than what it was even half a decade back.

Therefore no point in taking a dig at Bagan or EB supporters - when all that is matter in Football is passion apart from all these professional shit that we talk about! Whether u like or not, Kolkata football lovers love their clubs "DIL SE" devoid of practicality and professionalism.. and that keeps Indian football rolling :)
    AKBArsenalFan700footydiparchaknamewtheldmunna219777reddevil87rudra
  • AKBAKB Kolkata3039 Points
    @Soccerlover
    Very well written mate.
    Without passion which keeps Mohun Bagan & EB going for years & years, Football would be devoid of the charm. All those talks of professionalism, facilities, infra-structure etc. etc. being said about club football is true but that has be supported by passion. Except Mohun Bagan & EB would any team in I-League still attract so much of attention from their followers if they don't win a major trophy for a decade ? I doubt.
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    @Soccerlover  , we finally agree on things... BUT

for me a hidden success story has been Shillong Lajong FC , now to make this relevant to the Thread , i recently discussed their transfer policy with Nikhil Sharma

They have opted to release high earners like Jibon Singh , Seikhohau Tuboi , LalramLuaha etc over the past 2 years along with the likes of Zohminglian Ralte (PFC) , and Mawia & Chuantea (BFC)
    the reason being they feel their GOAL 2014 project that was launched back in 2011, has borne some modicum of success.

They went into this past Federation Cup with  NO FOREIGNERS, and mostly their youth who had come through their U19 program ( some from the U-15 team that played MUPC in UK in 2010)
    Everyone here on IFN and elsewhere thought they would get smashed around in a group featuring heavyweights Mohun Bagan , BFC , Salgaocar & PFC , all title contenders at that point !

Their results were more than respectable in fed Cup , scaring a few in the process. They have gone on to have  decent season where they were the 2nd Highest scorers. The GK issue and defence ( when Minchol Son was away) were an issue which led to yet another flirt with relegation.

They also managed to get a new sponsor in "Gionne" for 2 seasons ,so if their Youth program can deliver more players , they have the ability to be a Southampton of Indian Football.
    Ronnyfootydipmohammed_87hassanmunna219777reddevil87rudra
  • NaujawanNaujawan 1609 Points
    @gaffertape I really want to send kids for trials to Lajong. Who should I write to?
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    The time I did suggest players were fun. I still do it but not as frequently.
    Soccerloverarchakmohammed_87hassan
  • SumantraSumantra 70 Points
    The reasons MB is able to attract good players 1. They were champions last year 2. They will take part in AFC cups this year 3. The coach has a very clean image and believe in team building 4. The passionate fan base which was already there
  • SoccerloverSoccerlover 3434 Points
    Less work pressure today! Chatting with Eelco now...he is exploring few options in Europe;
  • LeedsonperezLeedsonperez 109 Points
    Well bagan...now we have 3 south and north american players,sony -haiti...gustavo-brazil....welcome- honduras....great combination of forign players
This discussion has been closed.