Coaching in Indian football

Comments

• deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    Anyone has an idea on how good the new Salgaocar coach is? Will he be getting his own assistants/trainers etc? Looks like Salgaocar atleast wants to put up a good challenge next time.
  • dhritiman7dhritiman7 4029 Points
    Sanjoy Sen expressed his annoyance over selection of MB's marquee footballer. He is furious with Bagan officials and also said officials of three big clubs of Kolkata have not done anything significant on youth development. Whatever they are doing is only eye wash to get AFC licence. 

May be true but he is playing with fire since he won I League. I guess with a single loss in derby or bad start in CFL he is gone. 
    Deb_Ban
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Knowing Mohun Bagan fans and their board, yep, if things don't go well on the field then he is surely out. But, Sen should not care. He won the I-League, he will have no problems getting another job. The ISL will provide plenty of chances for a guy like him and another I-League club will surely be keen to take him.
  • dhritiman7dhritiman7 4029 Points
    Agreed, one more thing can we try to track Indian origin coach working in overseas leagues? Only two names I can recall this moment Robin Dutt and Pradyum Reddy (Now working in India). And only Indian coach managed other nation is Naimyuddin. He managed Bangladesh national team once. 
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29243 Points
    Mariano Barreto another Indian origin coach.
    dhritiman7
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Shyam Thapa has been Coach of Nepal Team.
    Khalid Jamil is also NRI as he was born and raised in Kuwait. He used to be Ballboy when Great Brazilian Coach Scolari was Coach of Kuwait National Team.
    dhritiman7footydipmohammed_87hassan
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    Bhattacharya: Constantine must explain club coaches what he wants

"Constantine needs to sit with the club coaches and groom them, tell them what exactly they need to do with players so that they can benefit the national side in the long run,” he opined.

The newly appointed coach of the Red and Gold outfit opined that PIO players must be allowed to play for the national team…

Bhattacharya backed the idea of Constantine and said, “PIO players will lead to quick development in Indian football. These are players who have played all around the world and their presence will boost the national team.”
    He pointed that for India to have been in a better position, development of local regions is imperative. He further suggested that youth development should have kick started over 40 years back.

“For the overall development of the Indian national team, it is imperative that development begins from local regions. That would ensure the supply line does not get dried up. Had proper youth development programmes and grooming of footballers been started in the 1960s and 70s, we would not have been facing this problem now and the situation would have been much better.

“When I went to do a licensing course in Germany in 1998, it was at an institution that was established 70 years ago. This clearly shows why they are so ahead of us,” he mentioned.
    munna219777Deb_Banreddevil87
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9957 Points
    Bhowmick gets 'B' license :D ...
  • footydipfootydip Ranaghat, Nadia, West Bengal2722 Points
    He should try his luck in ASPL then, next year. :D
    Deb_BanBaberto