INDIA vs IRAN World Cup Qualifier LIVE | 8 September 2015

Comments

• karenesudhakar2050karenesudhakar2050 Hyderabad 1504 Points
    No dhanpal plz there should be. Arnob mondal
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Eugene RM and Robin LM? @Gaffertape are you predicting SC's line up, or is this your recommendation as well? Any clue why such changes in positions?
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    btw who are the genuine LM's in this team?
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    why would u want the slowest players to be wingers? eugene and robin arent quick. if it is raining then the ball is going to be kicked to the flanks more often. you would need players who can kick it and run.
    players who have experience in playing in sloshed pitches should be the one who jeed to play. i daresay jeje and sunil to play in the wings. both of them to cut inside with robin trying to create nuisance and chasing defenders who may make mistakes in the rain.

while get eugene, dhanpal and sehnaj to kick the living shit out of the iranian midfield.

arnab needs to play.

is gurpreet avble in the squad? am not aware of that.
    namewthelddeepakcgaffertapereddevil87
  • The real AGThe real AG 3324 Points
    edited September 2015
    @gaffertape - I agree with the sentiments of @DX and @Rudra, it doesn't make sense to play Eugene and Robin out wide. Iran's full backs will push forward and attack, and you need your wide players to be tactically solid defensively. While Eugene is okay in the defensive side of the game, he is pretty slow and will struggle. Both their primary strengths will be wasted playing out wide. 

I wouldn't personally start Rowlin Borges ahead of Pronay Halder, as the latter has better defensive acumen. I also like Halder's technique. Dhanpal at the back against Serdar Azmoun is suicide. Arnab surely has to come in for Dhanpal for this game? And finally, Jeje hasn't scored a goal at international level for 3 years and has struggled for regular club football too. He is a natural finisher, and perhaps someone to bring on if things go well, in the second half.

@DX - Gurpreet is available. He joined up with the squad few days ago.

(4-3-2-1) Gurpreet, Kotal, Narayan, Arnab, Jhingan, Halder, Sehnaj, Eugene, Vineeth, Sunil and Robin will be my team.
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    I would bring in an extra midfielder and start with robin upfront...bring Sunil on in 2nd half. No matter how much it rains, unfortunately Bangalore has top quality drains so wont help us too much, only bring the temperature down and help Iran. I would play jeje. Jhingan is too iffy...is he fit and mature enough?? Defending dead ball situation is going to be critical.
  • No Arnab Mondal against Iran? Rino can play in right wing. Speedy as well as can be an extra cover for RB. Crosses will be doubtful though. 
  • footydipfootydip Ranaghat, Nadia, West Bengal2722 Points
    I think it is gaffer's wish list, not the actual squad. had enough derby dose. now let us unite and support our very own National team, whatever be the result we should stand behind and support till the last whistle. Come on India. This 90 mins can change our football. let's do it.
  • The same telecast team from derby will be there. Expecting a good coverage. Greymind is doing a good job. 
  • i hope they are not bringing Noel Wilson too abd the other guy who pronounced Oman as Omen.
    dhritiman7
This discussion has been closed.