INDIA vs IRAN World Cup Qualifier LIVE | 8 September 2015

Comments

• Even if the Blue Tigers don't roar tomorrow, I hope they give a 'meow'..
    kartik91samArsenalFan700archakatuljg
  • spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points
    If we win we will have FIFA ranking of 110,just imagine won't that be the greatest achievement in the last decade. So,let's be positive and just just hope that we win by hook or crook. Everything is fair in love and war. How many of you actually imagined Bhutan playing in the main draw of qualifiers. They believed and their supporters believed that they can do it even when they were last in the rankings,on any given day any thing can happen so why pessimistic views before the game.
    Criticize the coach and the team after the result but not before the game coz it's them who are playing in the field. And, one freak goal can change the game so let's support the players as they are almost the best players that we have currently.

#letsdoit
    Maddiekarenesudhakar2050samiamnamewtheldmunna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    edited September 2015
    Wow Times of India describing ISL
    Indian Super League - hobby horses of failed actors featuring ageing, clearly unfit foreign stars :P

Siddharth Saxena article
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    2nd really good article this week...

Journalists finally growing a pair and addressing the issues...

the Power of IFN
    samiammunna219777namewtheldrudraThe real AGdeepakcfootydipgopiajeeshsamkartik91and 2 others.
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10481 Points
    Is Siddharth Saxena brother of Rahul Saxena ???
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    edited September 2015
    Previous occasions India has played with Iran

List of matches

13.May.1992 Asian Cup Qualifier / ACQ A 3 – 0 Calcutta
    07.Dec.1984 Asian Cup / Group B N 0 – 0 Singapore
    07.Mar.1980 Olympics Qualifier / OLQ N 2 – 0 Singapore
    13.Dec.1966 Asian Games N 4 – 1 Bangkok
    19.Jun.1964 Olympics Qualifier A 3 – 1 Rapindra Soria , Calcutta
    06.Jun.1964 Olympics Qualifier H 3 – 0 Amjadiah , Tehran
    15.Dec.1959 Asian Cup Qualifier A 2 – 1 Ernakulam, Kerela, India
    08.Dec.1959 Asian Cup Qualifier A 1 – 3 Ernakulam, Kerela, India
    10.Mar.1951 Asian Games / Final A 0 – 1 New Delhi , India

India won two times!!!!
    rudraatuljgsamiamspartasamkartik91
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Heavy rains lashing Bangalore : thats a good sign for the National team.
    My line up... ( almost the same as Constantine with slight changes)
    451 or 4411
    Gurpreet
    Pritam
    Dhanpal
    Sandesh
    Narayan
    Eugene(RM)
    Sehnaj
    Rowlin Borges
    Robin (LM)
    Sunil
    Jeje
    munna219777DXkarenesudhakar2050samiam
  • samsam 16526 Points
    edited September 2015

“I have great respect for India as opponents. And I don’t see the FIFA Rankings as a parameter to judge. It is 11 versus 11 on the field tomorrow. Nothing less, nothing more!” he added.

“We are playing against a difficult opponent. We need three points and so do India. It’ll be tough match for both the Teams. Our opponents (India) have families, friends and fans which is the same like us. They also want to win and so do we,” Queiroz stated.

“Playing away in a World Cup Qualifier fixture is always difficult. There are numerous challenges and numerous difficulties. But I expect a fighting attitude from my lads,” the former Real Madrid manager quipped.

Giving due to credit to the development in Indian Football in recent times, Queiroz expressed: “India have improved in recent times. The score-line of the game against Oman was not a fair reflection of what happened on the pitch.”

“India deserved a better result against Guam too”, Carlos added.

The ‘Iranian Gattuso,’ Andranik Teymourian, Captain of the Iranian National Team who was also present in the interaction imputed India’s Football growth.

“I have a great amount of respect for India. Indian Football is on a gradual rise and it will be a good match. We are playing against a Team which has nothing to lose tomorrow. I hope may the best Team win.”

Furthermore, Queiroz mentioned about his association with former Indian Captain Bhaichung Bhutia to spread Football in the Grassroots in the Country. Bhaichung, in fact, is presently the Chairman of the AIFF technical Committee.

Seems like he read my comments on IFN. :P

• Our only chance of getting something from Iran match is that if it rains and rainly so badly so that Iran can't play their natural game.... remember the 2nd Leg against UAE... The first half there was some rain and we conceded 2 goals.. but during the half time and the second half it rained heavily and we scored 2...

Although it is sad that we have to depend on rain to get results for our team.. but I really hope we the rain gods make the pitch unplayable for Iran.....

www.accuweather.com/en/in/bangalore/204108/evening-weather-forecast/204108?day=2
    karenesudhakar2050
  • spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points
    So,Gurpreet starting?? That would be rare stuff
This discussion has been closed.