INDIA vs IRAN World Cup Qualifier LIVE | 8 September 2015

Comments

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    It's not my wish list. ..its Constantines team in training today at pre-match session according to journalists at ground.
    And fyi Eugene & Robin are a lot quicker than Jeje and Sunil...just check the speeds tests results from the camp.

Very strange lineup. ..but then again its Constantine
    rudraThe real AGkarenesudhakar2050atuljgspartakartik91
  • The real AGThe real AG 3324 Points
    edited September 2015
    Without the ball, Robin will cover more ground over a test time period than Sunil, Jeje and Eugene as he is taller and has longer legs. With the ball, I doubt he is anywhere as fast as Sunil. It is also about tactical nous I think; Robin Singh hasn't played as a wide player for very long time and to thrust him out wide for such a big game is risky to say the least! Having Eugene in the team is a plus as he can tuck-in as auxiliary wide player so I am not bothered if he plays out wide, though his strengths are getting forward late into the box, set plays and through balls, which would all make him better suited to a central midfield role.

There are plenty of "younger" guys now in that line-up, so that's promising, though I fear they are not being utilized pertinently.
  • dhalidhali Kolkata58 Points
    tomorrow we will see the most handsome footballer in current football..SARDAR AZMOUN(Iran)

• AKBAKB Kolkata3039 Points
    After all my Robin bashing...... I want Lord Robin to play like a Tiger at least once in his footballing life. Come on Robin......Come on Blue Tigers...... Come on ...............give your Best....... who knows ? Miracle may take place. Don't give up..... Fight, fight & fight for every ball..... 
    atuljgkartik91
  • samiamsamiam 1614 Points
    I remember in asian cup 2011 indian players were holding the ball with themselves 'take the ball from me if u dare' and making the opponent really pissed

That was amazing if u remember, hope they do that again for iran
  • Whatever is the lineup, lets back the blue tigers!! I am sure the players will give their best. Lets bleed blue.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    COME ON INDIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    munna219777
  • sri_MUFCsri_MUFC Bombay43 Points
    Hope its not as bad as done previously. Games against Japan (7-0), Saudi Arabia (7-1) and the beating we took, can't forget. But I do hope for us to really do well. IMO SC must counter attact tactically and park the bus when needed. Aimlessly playing long or possesion based won't help. Gotta be swift, quick and precise and in numbers too. And a lot of mental gyaan to extract more than 200% off the players. Play the faster players on the wings. They are better. Lets not be amateur wannabes. Play to your strengths should be the motto.
    4-5-1
    Lyngdoh and Sehnaj in the midfield and Dhanpal as DM or Dhanpal and Sehnaj as DMs and Lyngdoh sitting ahead as AM.. Lyngdoh can initiate attacks, as and when we win possession after parking the bus. Play Jacki primarily as a winger who can break free into spaces with supporting wing-backs and roam freely. Robin on the wings too. Sunil should be the main guy upfront, but he will have ro be in our own half at most times.
    4-4-2
    SC's thing and will be played.
    If Jeje plays, he can hold the ball and that's it. Sehnaj and whoever else Bowlin or Halder can spray the ball around to Eugene and Robin on the wings. Sunil and Jeje will have to do their job in the final third during counter attacks.

4-4-1-1
    Sunil upfront. Lyngdoh behind. Jacki and Robin on the wings. Sehnaj and Halder in the central midfield. Throwing our best cards into attacks and good thing is none of those four can defend that well.

And yeah, Paul is a great keeper. But hopefully, Gurpreet starts. Best would be to shift between 4-5-1 when defending to a preferably 4-4-1-1 or otherwise 4-4-2 when attacking. 4-4-2 throughout the match if we are able to give a fight well above anyone's expectations. But we need to able to park the bus and break free as a unit when those moments come and bang it in.
    munna219777kartik91Deb_Ban
  • @ArsenalFan700 You got any solid link of Sony Kix or I will need to find some Persian TV site ?
This discussion has been closed.