Videos & Pictures of Indian football

Comments

• munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited April 2021
    On the tour, India played  three matches:
    - on July 22 against Fulham FC (english Division 1) at the Craven Cottage in London
    - on July 26 against West Bromwich Albion (english Division 1) at The Hawthorns in West Bromwich
    - on July 29 against Bangladesh at Filbert Street in Leicester.

Indian Team at the London Gymkhana

dhritiman7indian_goonerPassikartik91
  • looks like cricket team.
    also the jerseys Team India have in these videos, althoug good to know that it changed every now and then, but really did not match upto world standards. It doesn't even look fitting to the players, can't imagine playing with it.
  • who is the players in full length photo in all white kit in the match vs fulham ?
  • dhritiman7dhritiman7 4029 Points
    edited April 2021
    That's Basudev Mondal. 
    indian_goonermunna219777giridharanashindia
    Basudev Mondal and Jo Paul Ancheri started later replaced by Hardip Sangha and Khalid Jamil. Khalid came on 88th Minute.
    ashindia
    India team with Umbro kit. 
    ashindiamunna219777indian_goonerkartik91
  • for me umbro kit design are best in the world compared to nike/puma/adidas . if the shorts and socks were of blue, i would rate it as the best indian football kit ever.
    and the England kits by umbro were  iconic. even sweden, N. Ireland, Rep of Ireland, Everton FC kits by umbro were simple in design but catchy.

• RonnyRonny 10450 Points
    edited April 2021
    Oh that picture brought back so many memories! That is probably the first time I saw Indian team live on TV. I believe it is from the nehru cup where we played China and Iraq. Still can't believe the scenes when Carlton Chapman scored against Iraq. What a team! Raw but talented. Baichung scored against China and the Ghana team. What a lineup, raw but talented Baichung, Vijayan, Naushad, Ancheri, Bruno,Carlton,Mondal etc
    dhritiman7indian_goonersouravindiakartik91
    edited April 2021
    @ronny Unfortunately DD will never release those video footage. Those were gem. Do you remember Jeevan Moras? Good looking talented guy.  The GK was Sk Sharaf probably, tall lanky and fit. Love for Indian football rooted deep inside my heart. Just look at the crowd at stands. 
    I still believe if AIFF had Jagmohon Dalmiah it would have been a different story. Also Rustam Akramav did too many experiment with an immensely talented side. He omitted IMV and gave priority to Sanjay Majhi. Then he made Majhi play with Indian women team (God know why). He made Bhaichung play with Basudev Mondal as attacking half.
    Then Nayim did all the old book military camp things which pushed us further backwards. Only hope was Sukwinder ji. He always delivered, with JCT, with NT (even he was only trusted ally of Bob Houghton and won SAFF Cup with junior team, I just mentioned couple of days ago). 
    Wish we had Bob Houghton straight after Ciric (Just a wish as Bob was having his golden days with Malamo FF. Sven Goran Erricson was learning a lot from him). 
    Deb_Banindian_goonermunna219777souravindiagiridharankartik91