Videos & Pictures of Indian football

Comments

• That is probably the first time I saw Indian team live on TV

surprised to know. those days indian football team matches were telecastted?

because i remeber during wcq of 2006 in 2004 fixture of india vs singapore (1-0) in goa, there was no live telecast instead there was live commentary on AiR.

The first time I watched live telecast of Indian team was India vs Japan (0-4)  wcq in 2004 played at kolkata. I wanted to see the india vs oman (1-5) on dd sports but unfortunaley india pak odi series after so many years was teleacted on other sports channel and dd sports didn't come on all the cricket match days. I saw some snippets in news channel in malayalm and the crowd was huge who cheered on for rendeddy sing's goal with drums. i was surprised and happy just to see it. when i went to vacation to kerala after 2 months, i searched for newspaper for the April 1 2004 even though i didn't knew to read malayalam. i kept on looking the picutures and asked for elders to read it out to me. that was a largely publicized match in kerala. the next time indian team played in kochi was in 2012 vs palenstine. that was not a full attendance and mostly who came to the stadium were some palenstine sympthatisers. then i think india vs turkmentisan wcq in 2015 was held in kochi without any pulicity and low attendance. hardly anyone knew.

even though i went to the stadium in greenfield trivandrum for saff cup final, the small amount of time i saw the news snippet and fan frenzy for india vs oman in 2004 is still fresh in the memory.

munna219777dhritiman7
  • dhritiman7dhritiman7 4029 Points
    During lockdown when DD started showing old shows I tagged DD in tweeter and asked them to show old Indian football teams match in Nehru Cup and Asian Cup etc. But I saw a reply from Novy Kapadia that it wont be possible. Needless to say I did not get any reply from DD. 
    indian_gooner
  • shibiershibier 2996 Points
    @dhritiman7 that GK in picture is Firoz K Shereef  I think ..

@indian_gooner that game against Oman that we lost was shown live in TV. Because I remember watching that game from home and my brother went to watch it in stadium !! May be not in DD sports, but live telecast was there for sure. 
    dhritiman7indian_goonermunna219777
    Yes, Feroz Shareef. I wrongly wrote Sk Sharaf. Thanks. 
  • indian_goonerindian_gooner 3407 Points
    edited April 2021
    this is the match i am referrring to.. unfornutaley goal scrored by rendey singh not avaialbe, neither the fan frenzy and drums beating.

munna219777
  • at that time i very much wanted that adidas kit
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    I remember watching the game Oman vs India on Doordarshan.

Entire stadium was rocking when Renedy Singh scored the Goal.
    But then things changed - one of the worst defeats ever for India National team.
    One stand was full of Oman Supporters - they came with a charter flight.

dhritiman7shibierindian_gooner
    Extraordinary humiliation happened after Oman match, Japan FA was worried about Indian's rise as India defeated Singapore in the opening match and one year before that won LG Cup in Vietnam. So they sent a special team of observer to make strategy against India by watching India's game against Oman. After Oman game one of the Japanese team member said, our trip was not required, India has not improved a bit. 
    munna219777shibierindian_goonergiridharangoalkeeparSanjeev Biswasashindianamewtheld

White kit always looked good. This is from 2005 SAAF. NS Manju evaporated after giving us so much hope. Indian soccer players N S Manju L an  News Photo
    munna219777giridharanashindiaindian_goonerPassi
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Maldives Golden Jubilee Cup 2000

Male Airport

India vs Bangladesh

India vs Sri Lanka

India vs Maldives

indian_gooner