Indian Super League 2016: Schedule, Results, Live Stream, Latest News, Discussions

Comments

• red_devilred_devil kolkata2468 Points
    Sissoko should be undoubtedly the best signing in ISL. 
    deepuAshishKaulCarbon_14
  • Pune will struggle for Goals
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29637 Points
    Here's why NEUFC might win the ISL this year--an inspired reportage by Xtratime :D :D

ISL 3: The reason why the opening ceremony might lead NorthEast United towards the title

guwahati Kolaz
    The opening ceremony of ISL season three will be full of glamour

Internet desk: The opening ceremony of the season three of the Hero Indian Super League is gearing up to explode the blend of the culture of NorthEast region and the entertainment of Bollywood in an unprecedented way. NorthEast United FC owner John Abraham does not believe in superstitions but he will surely love to know the fate of teams who host opening ceremonies in the Hero Indian Super League. The essence of the special occasion, indeed adds an interesting stat in the history of this gala football festival.

In the first edition, when Atletico de Kolkata hosted the opening ceremony in 2014, they ended up finishing as the first champions. Interestingly, when Chennaiyin FC emerged as the champions of the second season of ISL after hosting the inaugural ceremony, in Chennai. Quite a coincidence!

This year, the special honour of hosting the opening match has been bestowed upon NorthEast United, and previous trends suggest the region, along with the owner, should be jumping in joy at the opportunity.

Though the action hero of Bollywood is relatively calm.

“I am not a superstitious man, but when it is a happy co-incidence like this one is, we all hope that our dreams….the dreams of all the fans of the North-East can come true this year,” said John.

NorthEast United FC finished at the bottom of the pool during the inaugural edition and John admitted they made mistakes. Last season, NorthEast missed out on a semifinal berth by a whisker.

“This year, we hope to go one step further and at least make the semis. We will see where we go from there,” he said.

NorthEast United FC play Kerala Blasters FC in the season’s opening game on tomorrow at Guwahati.

Carbon_14munna219777Deb_BanSoham_De
  • coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    A player who can make it to first XI of a premier league side in ISL. That's called scouting and attracting the best. 
    Rather, I must congratulate West Brom and Delhi Dynamos for showcasing that Sissoko was unemployed. Otherwise, targeting sissoko who was still in fray of premiership was a distant dream. 
    AshishKaul
  • TeamChennainTeamChennain chennai174 Points
    @mohammed_87hassan because they are doing adverts for peoples who don't know about Chennaiyin fc or familiar with it . so if they do with mendy and jeje most of them think they are models . in my office none of them know chennai is isl champions  . That is why adverts with dhoni
    mohammed_87hassan every body knows our(indians) football quality is bad , that is why this isl is come up .So no wonder we didn't start with opening ceremony with former footballers instead with bollywood .I don't know who do the open ceremony in i-league . Can someone help me ?
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Do you need Opening Ceremony in any Professional Football League? EPL, Bundesliga, La Liga -they do not need any of this stuff. Why will I-League need it either?
    thebeautifulgamemohammed_87hassanAshishKaulCarbon_14gaffertapedeepakcdeepusanvedjadhavarchak
    @BrainFallINDIA what you mean by atleast one footballer couldve made it ? You want one footballer present/former to be a stake holder ? is that what you trying to say ?

i guess footballers are not ready to invest in indian football (i mean isl)to be a stake holder or they are not popular enough to be a part of it like current celebs isl franchises .

Can you tell me which footballer couldve made it?who you thinking of it?