Indian Super League 2016: Schedule, Results, Live Stream, Latest News, Discussions

Comments

• TeamChennainTeamChennain chennai174 Points
    @munna219777 sorry i don't know about it .
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10448 Points
    @TeamChennain bro i disagree with both your comments..... 1st of all Mendy and JEJE are quite famous in Chennai now.... we don't simply get a 22-23k avg attendence just to watch a flop Bollywood actor also street Football is quite famous in North Madras u will see kids play football more there than cricker.................. Do u think watching Jaqueline and Alia Bhatt dance will improve our quality???
    NagendraAshishKaulskubydookarenesudhakar2050Carbon_14Deb_BanDXgaffertapered_devildeepakcand 2 others.
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7111 Points
    Bro , Its not bollywood vs cricket all stars . FYI Some of the ISL players and coaches are quite famous . Hume ,Marco ,Zico ,Mendy, Zambrotta etc .Any one of them wouldve been ok.
  • God help those who need Bollywood style opening for a football league.. Such people should play with their balls
    AshishKaulCarbon_14Deb_Banred_devilSoham_Desanvedjadhavamirsid123
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6481 Points
    ;TeamChennain 

Brother... not stake holders... I'm talking about ISL promotions with film stars & cricketers.... 
  • shubham_northeasternshubham_northeastern Dimapur,Nagaland1245 Points
    If there is a football league in India that attracts massive crowd and garners lots of attention...I would always support it...I will be blind to all other points...After all Empty stadiums and 0 TRP can never develop Indian football!!!
    gaffertapeamirsid123atuljg
    @mohammed_87hassan like i said , in my office (i joined recently), no one aware of the fact that chennaiyin fc is the champions but they completely support sports, they went together for TNPL matches,they discuss a lot,so its all about how you to the reach to the common peoples, there is no offense to mendy or jeje ,they are super popular inside stadium or around the stadium .May be the reason why dhoni appears with cup in recent advertisements to say that they are the champions,and asking for more supports . Honestly i started following isl after i see regular tweets about it by actor dhanush(he was brand ambassador then).After i went to stadium just got a love with it even though CFC lost that game .Now dhanush is not brand ambassador , but his tweets then actually introduced me to isl , actually to indian football as well ,before that i know bhutia only and i don't even know there is i-league existed. What i am trying to say is , "dhanush introduced me to isl and now i am fan of isl(indian football too) ,just bcos i like isl(football) not bcos dhanush introduced it". So you consider Dhoni/Abishek like dhanush role they bring ppls bcos they have face values, if ppls like team they will continue there support just like me else they don't  .

Do you think shakira song waka waka will improve the quality of world cup ? why they need it .

I am from north madras , i am sure you are not from north madras ,ppls in vysarpadi area (dhanpal ganesh area )only play football may be equal to cricket or littler higher than cricket . Rest all area is dominated by cricket . And i am born&brought up in north madras .

@brainfallindia its not bollywood vs cricket ,its 2 most wealthy industry (cricket&bollywood) in india, coming together to help/earn/business the great football sport in india .  All the names you mentioned are known only to the ppls who already watch isl .But they want growth,they want more ppls .
    atuljg
    @Nagendra are not we discussing about that image where all are stake holders/representative of stake holders ?

In india , film stars and cricketers have the massive reach among the masses . if you want promote anything in india ,you naturally go to them . If you become marketing manager and your target is indian market ,say you suppose to market Bundesliga in india ,what you do ? with whom you go to indian market ? foot ball players from bundesliga?

deepakcatuljg
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    I personally have no problem at all with the ISL Opening Ceremony, even if it is a "bollywood" themed one. It reminds me of the MLS All-Star Game... not done really throughout the top football leagues but who cares? Shows off a bit of Indian culture and it is also a fun way to kick off the season... that is what the point should be.

I don't even mind or care about using the Bollywood and Cricket stars, they are like the marquee players. Marquee players help generate European football fans to watch ISL while Bollywood/Cricket can hopefully get some non-football fans to ISL. Also probably helps with corporate stuff as well.

I just have a problem with Nita Ambani plastering herself over everything! We don't even do that in the US!
    Soham_Dered_devilshubham_northeasterndeepak dedhaCarbon_14amirsid123gopiajeeshatuljg
  • TNAmarkFromIndiaTNAmarkFromIndia India419 Points
    munna219777 Because in EPL, Bundesliga and La Liga, the sport itself is the draw. That's not the case in India.