India at Tokyo 2020: A Roadmap

Comments

• BadBad 5141 Points
    There are many World Championships scheduled for August and September(more specifically for September) like Badminton(Ongoing), Wrestling, Boxing, Weightlifting,Athletics etc.

Many of these events will serve as Qualifiers for Olympics and for the rest it will help us to know more about our Medal Chances and Medal Contenders for 2020 Olympics because earning a medal in World Championships or finishing in Top 5 depending on your Sport will surely make you a Medal Contender for 2020 Olympics.

So,keep your eyes open everybody for such talents.

So far we have won 2 MEDALS AT THE BADMINTON WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS.

Carbon_14munna219777sparta
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Saneev Rajput wins Silver Medal in 50m Rifle 3 position Men in the ongoing World Cup and thereby secures another quota place for India at 2020 Olympics.Now,12 athletes have qualified for India.

He was leading his opponent by 1 point with 1 Shot to go.His opponent got 10 and Sanjeev Choked and got 8.8 thereby loosing the Gold Medal by 0.2 but atleast he got the quota place.Save your luck for the Olympics i guess.
    thebeautifulgameNagendramunna219777Carbon_14
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Yashaswani Singh Deswal wins Gold Medal in the ongoing World Shooting Championships thereby securing another quota place for India in 10m air pistol event at the 2020 Olympics.
    thebeautifulgameNagendraCarbon_14
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    @Bad ; Brother what is the count ? How many have qualified for Olympics ?
    Bad
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6469 Points
    munna..

13 qualified.. 
    munna219777Carbon_14Bad
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    edited September 2019
    India wins Gold(Deepak and Apurvi) as well as Bronze(Anjum and Divyansh) in 10m Mixed Air Rifle event in the ongoing World Championships.

There is no quota for Mixed Team event, I think it is Rankings Based,so it will be very helpful for the Rankings as well to qualify for 2020 Olympics.
    Nagendramunna219777
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    edited September 2019
    Both Indian Teams of (Manu and Saurabh) and (Abhishek and Yashaswani) have finished 1st and 2nd respectively in 10m air pistol mixed event qualification which means that both the Indian Teams will be fighting for Gold and Silver between themselves. So, in other words another Gold and Silver Medal Secured for India.

No,quota but will boost ranking points.
    Nagendramunna219777Carbon_14
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Guys, World Wrestling Championships will be starting from 14 Sept this month. It will serve as an Olympic Qualifier as well.(First 6 in each Olympic Category will secure a Quota Place for Tokyo most probably). Last time it was top 6 in each Olympic Category and it should be the same this time around as well(not 100 but I am 90 percent sure).

The Seeds for each category have been shared (Only 4 Wrestlers in each category are Seeded) and to my surprise many Indians have been seeded.

1) Bajrang(65kg, 1st Seed)
    2) Rahul Aware(61 kg, 2 nd seed)
    3) Deepak Punia (84 kg, 4th Seed)
    4) Seema(Women 50 kg,seeded 2nd)

Apart from them Vinesh is ranked 6th in her new category (53kg) therefore not seeded.Only  4 seeds.

Pooja Dhanda is also ranked 6th in her category (57 kg women) but didn't qualify for World Championships.She could qualify in future if our representative in 57 kg doesn't qualify from this event.

Only,Rahul's category is a non-Olympic category.

So, if we talk purely on Rankings terms,then 4 of Wrestlers should secure a Quota place for Tokyo Olympics.

Let's see how it all goes because I have not seen Seema and Deepak wrestle.

So,before the Tournament starts,Bajrang and Vinesh should definitely qualify for Tokyo Olympics for us.

Let's see how it all transpires.

munna219777