India at Tokyo 2020: A Roadmap

Comments

• BadBad 5141 Points
    Great News Guys,all 4 of our Boxers left have advanced to the Quarter-finals in the ongoing World Boxing Championships. They are now a win away for assuring themselves and India a medal.

Special shout-out to:-
    Manish Kaushik, who defeated (Seed No. 4 Boxer from Mongolia)
    and 
    Sanjeet ,who defeated (Seed No.2 Boxer from Uzbekistan)

Let's see what happens tomorrow in the Quarter-finals tomorrow. Fingers crossed and hoping for the best.
    munna219777giridharanCarbon_14Passikartik91
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    edited September 2019
    Guys,Vinesh has advanced to the Bronze Medal Match after winning 2 rounds through the Repechage. If she wins her next match(then she will win both the Bronze Medal as well as the Quota Place for Tokyo Olympics 2020).

This match will be live on SONY ESPN from 4:15 pm onwards today.

Fingers crossed.
    thebeautifulgamekartik91
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    GREAT NEWS GUYS AND slight correction guys from my side,

Vinesh has Secured an Olympic Quota as Top 6 get a Quota Place(making her the first Indian Wrestler to do so) but she will be vying for that elusive Bronze Medal in the Afternoon Today.

Our Tally now reaches to 14.
    thebeautifulgameCarbon_14munna219777Passikartik91
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Pooja Dhanda makes it to the Semi-Finals in 59kg(unfortunately she isnt in an Olympic Category) She lost to Sarita in our local trials in 57kg(Which ia an Olympic Category,God knows how as Sarita was very poor in her match Today whereas Dhanda has been on fire in her both her matches even defeating the Japanse Girl in the Quarter-finals).Dhanda will be vying for Medals(Two shots guaranteed) however since there is no Olympic Quota at stake,all her effort will be for individual glory.
    Carbon_14munna219777
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6450 Points
    Vinesh won bronze medal in Wrestling. She Defeated Greek two time world championship medalist.. also defeated world no 1 in her category as well.
    thebeautifulgamemunna219777BadPassiCarbon_14kartik91
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Vinesh, in her road to the Bronze Medal and Olympic Qualification beat (2016 Olympic Bronze MEDALLIST, then last year"s Silver Medallist who is also current world No.1 and then the Greek Girl who is two time World Championship Bronze Medallist). Great Achievement  for her.
    munna219777thebeautifulgamePassispartaCarbon_14kartik91
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    As far as Boxing World Championship is concerned(Kavinder and Sanjeet have lost their) Quarter-Finals which means that 2 of our Boxer's(Amit and Manish) are guaranteed of 2 Medals.

Now,irrespective of the colour of the Medals,this is already the best ever performance for India at the Men's Boxing World Championships both in terms of Medals and Number of Boxer's progressing to different rounds.4 out of 8 reached the Quarter-Finals(50%).So, ideally we should be happy but still i feel that we could and should have won 1 more medal(maybe i am being greedy but i feel that way) but certainly you can't complain too much if it is your BEST EVER PERFORMANCE AT ANY WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS.

One more thing is that always listen to our Boxing Coach(Santiago). This guy said that i am expecting 2 Medals in Men's World Championships and we got 2. Last year as well,he said that i am expecting 4 medals in the Women's World Championships in 2018 and we got 4.So,this guy basically speaks the truth.Watch out for his predictions in future.

Passispartamunna219777Carbon_14Nagendrakarenesudhakar2050souravindiakartik91
  • So wrestling and Boxing along with Badminton and Shooting have medal prospects in coming Olympics. 
    NagendraBadkarenesudhakar2050souravindiakartik91
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    This is just Men's Boxing. Add to it 5 categories of Women's Boxing and Fringe but Medal Prospects(Sportswise) like Hockey, Gymnastics Weightlifting,Archery, Athletics,Shooting Team Events as well(etc).

Moreover,if one is talking of the Contenders then one should include Top 8 in that particular event.Eg)Two of our Boxers who lost in the Quarter-finals were one win away from a medal.So,one has to include them as well when we are discussing about the Medal Contenders.  They can also win a Medal in Future Events.

When we will discuss about our Olympics Squad,we should Segregate our analysis on the basis of
    1) Prime Medal Contenders
    2) Possible Medal Contenders
    3) Outside Chance for a Medal
    ETC
    dev_pfcmunna219777