India at Tokyo 2020: A Roadmap

Comments

• BadBad 5141 Points
    HEY GUYS!!!EPIC NEWS COMING IN!!!

Ravi Kumar and Bajrang Punia have both booked quota place each for Tokyo Olympics 2020 by reaching the Semi-Finals of their respective category(57kg and 65kg).

While most of us(including me) would have expected Bajrang to qualify but perhaps no one would have expected Ravi Kumar to reach the Semi-Finals.

Guys,this is the first time i am seeing Ravi Kumar(Wrestle) and let me tell you one thing that this guy is special.

His First round match was easy-He won that by Technical Superiorty.

His 2nd Round Match was against Armenian Wrestler who is a European Gold Medalist(Ravi was trailing 0-6 at half time but managed to win the match 17-6 in the end)

His Quarter-Finals was against Japanese Wrestler who won Gold in 2017 World Championships and Bronze in 2018 World Championships) and Ravi bullied him in terms of everything. Wow!!! I am shocked and amazed at the same time.

Both of them are in the race for Gold Medals.A win now will ensure atleast a Silver as they qualify for the Final and a loss here will mean that they will have contest Bronze Medal Matches.

But with both of them qualifying,our Tally now reaches to 16.
    Carbon_14munna219777namewtheldkartik91
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Both Bajrang and Ravi lost their Semi-Finals narrowly. 6-4 for Ravi and 9-9 for Bajrang(lost on criteria). Both will now fight for Bronze Medal's tomorrow.

Bajrang's bout was controversial to say the least. I feel one decision(4 point throw) was given wrongly against Bajrang. Referee seemed biased as well. The same old Host Country non-sense.

Still Bajrang fought very hard and tied the score but lost on Criteria. This was a Golden opportunity for Bajrang to win a Gold Medal.
    munna219777deepu
  • shibiershibier 2996 Points
    After the Indian sprinter Hima Das was ruled out of World Championships due to a back injury, it has now come into light that her injury was life-threatening and despite that, she continued to participate in various championships in Europe. 

https://m.republicworld.com/sports-news/other-sports/hima-das-out-of-world-championships-2019-because-of-mismanagement

munna219777
  • deepudeepu Somaliya1621 Points
    After the match ref gave 4 pts , even commentator said these words during the challenge put up by banjrang's coach ," normally chair umpires give 4-2 in such moves" but the chair umpire called it in favour of opponent and hence giving 1 extra pt to opponent for india loosing referral and all the famous wrestling experts on the twitter agree to the thing that bajrang was robbed of in the bout 
    munna219777
  • Hima Das skipped all serious events, national camp, national championship, Asian Championship, World Championship but became a social media sensation with low level race in europe.
    goalkeeparPassiEastBengalPridekartik91
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Hima Das currently is overhyped. She is nowhere up to the World Standard even with her best form. She will only make the Semi-Finals with her best form(50:79sec).

I feel everyone should leave her alone.I feel she has lost her focus.Let her get her focus and regroup and improve her timings first.She has not got even an outside chance for a Medal at World Events even with her best Timing.
    munna219777Carbon_14jitug1979souravindiagoalkeeparPassideepukartik91
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Mirabai Chanu breaches 200 kg mark but finishes 4th at World Championships.

She lifted 201kg but finished 3 kg behind the Bronze Medallist.

Guys,can someone please confirm that can a Nation have 2 Representatives in the same category in Weightlifting at the Olympics 2020???

This information is very important because 2 Chinese and 1 North Korean finished above Chanu.

If one representative is allowed then we are certain of a Medal b at the Olympics because the gap between Chanu(4th) and next lifter is 14 kg. So,basically if only 1 Chinese representative will be allowed then the fight will be between 1 Chinese, 1 North Korean and Chanu otherwise it will be between Chanu and North Korean for the Bronze medal because both the Chinese will take Gold and Silver.

According to my information,a nation can have only 1 Representative in a particular category.

Please confirm with Concrete Proof and Evidence.

munna219777
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    edited September 2019
    Munna(Bro),

Can you find out the necessary information about Weightlifting qualification for Tokyo Olympics i.e can a country have 2 Representatives as well in a particular category at the Olympics??

If someone else has it(Then please let me know as well)
    munna219777
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6473 Points
    @ Bad
    I just gone thru wiki and there is no rule for individual category..  a country at max can send 10 participants across all categories ( 6 men + 4 Women), while host country will be getting 5 automatic places ( 3 men + 2 women)..

even in 2016 Olympics, could see there are multiple medalists from same country in same weight category..
    Badmunna219777