India at Tokyo 2020: A Roadmap

Comments

• BadBad 5141 Points
    Guys,World Boxing Championship will be beginning from tomorrow.

The International Olympic Association(IOA) has taken away the Quota status from the Event due to reports of mismanagement from AIBA (International Boxing Association) which is good in my opinion.

The IOA will itself conduct Quota Associated Tournaments on its own w.r.t every Continent and Open Qualifying Tournament as well to allocate Quota places to the Boxer's next year for the Olympics.

Nevertheless,it is a great opportunity for our Boxer's to showcase their talent and be counted as Medal Contender for the Olympics next year by securing a Medal.

Boxer's to watch out for:- Although, our whole squad is talented and anybody can win a medal but main focus should be on:-

Amit Pangal(52 kg),Kavinder Bisht(57kg) and a relative newcomer Sanjeet(91kg),I have never seen Sanjeet fight but I have heard great things about him.

Just for information,Weight Categories in Men's Boxing have been decreased from 10 to 8 in order to increase the weight Categories for Women from 3 to 5 w.r.t Olympics.

At Tokyo(2020 Olympics),Boxing will have 8 categories in Men's section and 5 in Women's section.

As if now ,I feel we can win 4 medals atleast in total at the Olympics in these 13 categories (2 each in Men's and Women's section) or it could be more if we are lucky based on (Women's Performance at World Championship in 2018). Women's boxing this year will be held in October(2019),so a better picture will emerge after it is completed.

As of now, let's see what happens on the Men's side though, beginning tomorrow.

[Deleted User]munna219777kartik91
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    edited September 2019
    Guys,draw just announced for Boxing.

3 Indians are seeded:-

Amit(2nd seed),Kavinder(5th seed) and Ashish Kumar(7th seed).

I feel we can win multiple medals(probably 2-3).

munna219777Nagendra
  • Qualifiers

India vs Russia  (Men's Hockey)

India vs USA (Women's Hockey)
    BadCarbon_14
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Men"s Draw is very easy.All but qualified.

Womens"s Draw is Tricky but i think its 60:40 in our favour ,specially since we will be hosting it.
    munna219777
  • India should be wary of Bad Umpires. In Women's Hockey, decisions go against us. Great bias against Asian Teams by Women Umpires.

Bad
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    With review system,the degree of cheating has certainly decreased.I would still fancy India over USA in a two legged tie at home turf.
    munna219777
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Vineah Phogat handed extremely tough draw. Let's see what happens.F crossed for tomorrow.
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    edited September 2019
    Vinesh lost against Japanese opponent.The best she could hope for now is a Bronze Medal opportunity through the Repechage(if her opponent reaches the finals which her opponent should reach) but in all honesty even a Bronze Medal would not be easy.

I personally feel that this jump in category from 50 to 53 kg for her is not good for her.She lacks the strength required for this category because she has made this switch 6-8 months back. She will need to drastically improve at all fronts to be among the front runners in this category. Right now,she looks off the pace. She might still pick a bronze medal and qualify for Tokyo but her game for this category doesn't impress me as of now.

Rest,all the girls who competed today are drastically bad. No hope from them.

munna219777Carbon_14