2017 AFC CUP and ACL

Comments

• munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    Next engagements for Indian clubs in AFC Cup

03/05/2017    16:00    Maziya FC vs Mohun Bagan 

03/05/2017    18:00    Dhaka Abahani  vs Bengaluru FC

BFC and MB end their I-League adventure on 29th and 30th April respectively. After this AFC tie abroad, they will have to rush back to Cuttack for Federation Cup from 7th May.
    NagendraDeb_BanCarbon_14
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    This last year for MMB to play in AFC Cup

Assuming they win the I-League 

Aftwr 2017-18 the ISL teams will compete in AFC Cup
    sanvedjadhavCarbon_14goalkeeparmunna219777
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10066 Points
    Before they play in AFC Cup, they will have to conform to AFC norms. And the norms are not financial in nature (which would have been easier to handle for the cash-happy Circus clubs), but mostly organisational, like ownership of clubs and the league itself, brick-and-mortar existence, public audits, and so on which they are going to fail miserably. So let's see.

If the much touted unification happens this year (unlikely) then MB is on even footing with other clubs as far as AFC Cup is concerned, if it doesn't (likely), MB are very near to qualification for next years  AFC Cup, by virtue of being I-league Champs (only one match as decider), or the still-open Fed Cup where the competition are from BFC, EB, Aizawl.

If the two league system continues, ANY club in contention for both I-league and AFC Cup will falter in either, or both.
    munna219777
  • AKBAKB Kolkata3039 Points
    Yes....even if the 2 Leagues merge...still Franchise teams will have to follow AFC norms to play in AFC club tournaments. Here neither Mm nor IMG-R can poke their noses.
    munna219777
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10066 Points
    And with the 3+1 rule, all ISL teams will be of similar strength of MB, EB or BFC. And the league will be of ... I-league standard.
    goalkeeparAKBmunna219777
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6766 Points
    ;Deb_Ban 

AFC enforces 3+1 rule only for AFC tournaments and not to National leagues...
    Maddiegoalkeepar
  • ashindiaashindia 9365 Points
    So that would mean more teams who could afford good players unlike I-League. 
    BrainFallINDIA
  • indianFootballFanindianFootballFan India4496 Points
    How can ISL franchises play in AFC Cup from next year if I-League is the official league. Winner of this year's I-League/Fed Cup will play in 2018 AFC competitions and if AIFF/FSDL fails to complete the merger this year and I-League continues for next season too as India's official league, that means 2019 edition of ACL/AFC Cup will see participants from I-League. So, ISL Franchises can play in AFC Competitions in 2019 or 2020.
    Deb_Banmunna219777
  • samsam 16526 Points
    Don't worry. Gaffer even said AW is gonna become EB coach 
    munna219777karenesudhakar2050
  • AKBAKB Kolkata3039 Points
    edited April 2017
    Gaffer temporarily lost his form just like Virat, but he will regain his touch & flood us with news... rumours..... gossips.... everything  :p he will prove form is temporary ...class is (not) permanent.
    munna219777karenesudhakar2050