Blackburn Rovers

Comments

• ajmalajmal 1208 Points
    edited December 2012

Rovers, in their own brief statement, said: "Blackburn Rovers FC has announced the departure of manager Henning Berg, assistant

manager Eric Black, first team coach Iain Brunskill and goalkeeping coach Bobby Mimms with immediate effect.
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

“Yes, we have decided on the new coach and we shall announce his appointment tomorrow, after the game (against Barnsley),”

“No, our new manager is not Di Matteo. However the new coach does have previous Premier League experience.” :O

“We are in this for the long haul and we love the fans. They should also just support the team,”

• Venky’s Managing Director, Balaji Rao.
  • jithuvjithuv 340 Points

Blackburn rovers have become a laughing stock.. It is really sad to see this..

I have been supportive of the club and their fans since Venky's have taken over even though I have been and remain a Man U fan. The Indian connection has been the key reason. But their actions as owners have been beyond appalling. Yes; you can make mistakes once or may be twice but they have been doing for too long. The fundamental problem has been a proper structure being in place. They dismantled a properly run club management team (John Williams and Finn) and brought in amateurs. Removed a very good manager in Sam; who by the way is doing a wonderful job with West ham right now. 

The way the club is run now is a disgrace. After all this a club which won the premier league once and it was a very well run one even though it has been a small club. To get someone like Shebby Singh in to run things shows how clueless these guys are.

For the sake of the fans I hope Venky's sell the club. I always thought they could turn the corner but I have personally given up hope.

@Joyptan apparently that statement wasn't made by Mr. Balaji according to Shabby Sigh (Yes the spelling mistake is on purpose)  and he claims they wouldn't be making a appointment soon. Why sack a manager and the entire first team coaching staff if you don't even have a replacement in mind and you hope to get into play-off positions and actually have the balls to say we have a professional team to handle things.. He was referring to Garry bowyer and his academy coaching staff. A team looking for play-off spots currently in 17th place will do fine with academy/reserve level coaching staff?!? God only help this club.

Unfortunately, All I can do is feel sorry for the club and their fans.
  • Shah476Shah476 240 Points

This is giving us asians bad rep here as we struggle to get into the game n then we get these clowns like the venkys shebby n judan.

Judan has been shredded to pieces by the tabloi media here. He might wanna stay clear for a bit for now n not chase big roles.. wen was he india u15coach? Thought Toal done that job for years...

• > Shah476 said:
    > This is giving us asians bad rep here as we struggle to get into the game n then we get these clowns like the venkys shebby n judan.
    >
    > Judan has been shredded to pieces by the tabloi media here. He might wanna stay clear for a bit for now n not chase big roles.. wen was he india u15coach? Thought Toal done that job for years...

He was never the coach. The U15 coach since 2008 has been the people at IMG and Thomas Joseph.

Judan ali is a no body. The guy acted(minuscule role) in a bollywood movie called Dhan Dhana Dhan Goal and has done some coaching at youth and community level.

Don't think they are appointing him as a coach. He was linked to being appointed but don't think it happen. Even if they planned to appoint him ;
    I am sure they have decided not to pursue it any further after the uproar from the fans and UK media.

Definitely this is a disgrace. Which club will be keen to have a Indian owner in the future? Even if it is potentially a good one; people will be sceptical
    after the venky's regime.

Finally!!! Blackburn rovers win :)

3-1

I know... I know.. It is just Barnsley.. A win is a win never the less especially after a long time!

Would like to see someone like Billy Davies to be appointed; they have to appoint a experienced man.