Federation Cup 2017

Comments

• thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29633 Points
    The only people gaining from this controversy are, I guess, the media and the social networking sites :|
    Deb_BanEastBengalPride
  • samsam 16428 Points
    edited May 2017

Gem of an article 

It is in Bengali. The title says, 'as if being a common man or living humbly for a few hours is also wrong for star footballers' 
    sparta
  • AKBAKB Kolkata3039 Points
    Yeah.    a gem called rupayan sometimes comes out with some "gem".
    He could have been more successful as a lawyer rather than a yellow journalist & we would have been privileged (!!) to have so many "gems" wandering in the society.
    Well done Rupayan... remember whatever goes up comes down...some day you may be terribly embarrassed defending your view. Anyway in a democratic country any one can tell anything. 
    I remember one Shri Ramakrishna dev's humour....some one was telling him 'sir...x was abusing you'...but Shri Ramakrishna told with a smile.....'why ? I never did any favor to him'. Yes some Mohun Bagan supporters committed a crime by offering some footballers seats to share. Period.
    EastBengalPridedebarghya89
  • samsam 16428 Points
    offering seat is not wrong, but making a fuss about the incident without knowing the real reasons is wrong 
    What rupayan has purposely ignored is...whether it was prudent for some players of a famous Indian club to travel like this ? Before this we could never imagined to see some famous players returning from a big tournament in this fashion. Rupayan just shifted the attention from poor performance to Mohun Bagan supporters & made those players Heroes....
    munna219777
    edited May 2017
    From Howrah Station Mehtab could have boarded a bus & provided another opportunity to rupayan to write some more trash. But he called his car & left....no more common manship. 
    Real reason ? Office match ? Feeling Bad after a loss ? What ? 
    There was no office match.
    In that train & in un-reserved compartments it was expected that many many Mohun Bagan supporters would be there. How amongst them their bad feelings could change is known to Mehtab & rupayan only.
  • samsam 16428 Points
    edited May 2017
    Narayan, Samad still returns from practice etc. by local train. Rafique does the same I have heard at least till a few years back. I, myself have seen Snehashish travelling with me in local train during his MB days. From whatever interaction I had with Bengali EB MB players, the majority of them are very humble, down to earth. Those who have apartments in Kol, they use car now. But the ones who are from suburbs still use normal public transport like any of us. And I for one love their humbleness and the strive not to forget their roots as most of them have made their way up from modest socio economic backgrounds. 
    Carbon_14munna219777deepakc
    edited May 2017
    How it took 10 y for Mehtab to show how down to earth he is or was it the 1st. time he lost a key match ? Or he was not upset then. Actually Mehtab has very cleverly managed to shift the attention....he along with his mates should have been villain before passionate EB fans...but thanks to rupayan he is made to look like a hero. 
    I know how it feels when you lose to your fiercest rival.....that's why it is a surprise to me that how a couple of clever guys have been able to divert the attention of the passionate fans. In a sense these players are very lucky that their season is over otherwise they would have been taken care of by the fans & rupayan would have wrote something very different.
    EastBengalPridedebarghya89
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    No EB fans are accepting them as heroes. 
    AKB