2019 AFC Cup and ACL — Minerva Punjab FC and Chennaiyin FC

Comments

• BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7111 Points
    edited May 2019
    If you are comparing Malaysian and Indian players in BFC and JDT ,then BFC are better .Overpayment is a severe issue in Malaysia like us.
    munna219777haritrams24
  • deepak dedhadeepak dedha Ghar2820 Points
    I believe Indian clubs are very capable of beating JDT or any other ASEAN clubs. Maybe not every time but surely every once in a while. Indian players beat the shit out of Thailand NT(Best in the region), so replacating same result against clubs is not impossible.
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    Thailand match was a pure fluke. Won't happen again in next 10 years. And BFC have slow CBs and slower strikers, with the current squad they can't even beat Chennai City FC forget about even being competitive against JDT.
    DEFENCE123Deb_BanNagendraashindiadeepak dedhagoalkeeparmunna219777haritrams24
  • deepak dedhadeepak dedha Ghar2820 Points
    yeah we owned their asses for full 90 min and defeated them by 4-1 margine just by FLUKE.
    debarghya89ashindiasparta
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29258 Points
    It was a fluke even FIFA agreed it was when india was the first team to be sent home.
    DEFENCE123EastBengalPridedeepak dedhakarenesudhakar2050
  • samsam 16428 Points
    Beating a team in Asian Cup can't be a fluke. No one takes this tourney lightly and come with 2nd string team. 
    deepak dedha
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9961 Points
    I wouldn't say our win was a fluke. It's just that we caught them on a bad dayof them  in office. Just note how they bounced back in the next games.

But generally, I tend to think that we are still inferior to them -- at the club level or at NT level.
    goalkeepar
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    Fluke - Noun

an unlikely chance occurrence, especially a surprising piece of luck.

Going by our past performance and the matches after that how else would you describe that match?
    goalkeepar
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6481 Points
    I agree we are inferior to Thailand both club & NT level...

But our win is not fluke... we had a great game..

Fluke is something... defend.. defend.. score one goal by opposition mistake and win the game.. while the opposition had a great game.. 
    deepak dedhakarenesudhakar2050ashindiamunna219777shibier
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9961 Points
    edited May 2019
    It was a well deserved win -- we literally pocketed them. But to prove it was not an one-off win, India will have to replicate the result later on, either against them or against similar strong teams.

I have my doubts here, though would be happy if proven wrong.
    goalkeeparmunna219777