FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 & AFC Asian Cup 2023 Qualification

Comments

• NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6771 Points
    ;munna219777 

regarding UAE turn-around.  As G_K mentioned, Ali Mabkhout is in fine form and he scored total 6 goals in last 2 matches (including against India).  But that is purely due to Ali Mabkhout brilliance, he is a top notch player and nothing to do with naturalized players. Though UAE inducted 3 naturalized players to improve their 3rd round qualification chances, they haven't made much impact so far. 

Also we know India B played against UAE. Also I think, even Jordan rested few of their main players as they have 1 more friendly against Vietnam on 31st May.
    munna219777Abhishek
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30214 Points
    @Ronny: I agree with you that defence is the key and Stimac should go for a defensive formation in the game against Qatar. While I feel that Sandesh and Kotal are automatic choices, I do not think that Rahul Bheke deserves a look-in, certainly not in the match against Qatar. He is extremely error-prone. Sana and Akash Mishra are definitely the players for the future, but as we have seen in the previous friendlies, they are prone to make some slip ups. The team would sorely be missing the services of Seriton Fernandes. 

Marcus said yesterday that Seriton has tested negative for COVID-19, but it is too late for him to join the team.
    Ronny
  • Carbon_14Carbon_14 Bengaluru 4771 Points
    One good thing is Bangladesh’s home advantage is lost due to wuhan virus and we should take that advantage 
    munna219777dhritiman7RonnyashindiaAbhishekdeepak dedhaspartakartik91
  • RonnyRonny 10497 Points
    Bangladesh's preparation is messed up now. They are unable to play any friendlies it seems
    ashindiagiridharanAbhishekmunna219777
    Unfortunately QFA did not approve India vs Philippines
    Passiindian_gooner
    Interesting fact from Indonesia versus Afghans. Indonesians played with 9 debutantes and the remaining 2 had a total of 4 caps!
    thebeautifulgamegiridharandev_pfcAbhishekPassiindian_gooner
  • dev_pfcdev_pfc Pune1937 Points
    @Ronny also they are at the bottom of their WCQ group with 0 points and the squad they have called up for upcoming qualifiers has combined experience of 33 caps.
    munna219777kartik91
  • BoalhaBoalha Maldives1294 Points
    Indonesia have some interesting young players plying their trade in Europe and it's good to see their new Korean coach begin to utilise this talent. It's staggering how a nation where the domestic football is still wildly popular, where everyone follows football, has been unable to achieve anything of note in the game. They have not even managed to win an AFF Suzuki Cup.
    Abhishekdev_pfcmunna219777goalkeeparPassiindian_gooner