FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 & AFC Asian Cup 2023 Qualification

Comments

• dhritiman7dhritiman7 4030 Points
    If three tests result have come negative then Qatar should allow us to train with all facilities. 
    Abhishek
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    Stimac should have stayed in india after those two friendlies in UAE and conducted meetings.
    AIFF actually requesed AFC to postpone WC qualifiers.
    Insead of being caught offguard and not being professional enought to stay in India, he is finding faults in Qatar.
    gaffertapegoalkeeparAbhishekindian_gooner
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30214 Points

The Indian football team boss also spoke on new inductee Glan Martins.

“I followed Glan from when he was in Churchill Brothers, when I was going to watch live games in I-League. Since then, I’ve seen something in Glan which is needed in our team – that is aggressiveness. That reading of the game and courage that he brings on the pitch. That’s something we lack in our team. I’m glad that Glan is here with us, he can learn our process, feel international football and bring something to our game,” he concluded.

https://khelnow.com/football/fifa-world-cup-qualifiers-june-igor-stimac-press-conference

While it is good that Stimac appreciates Martins and understands the qualities that he brings to the team, by admitting that "aggressiveness, reading of the game, and courage" are "lacking" in the team, isn't he admitting to a failure on his part too? He has been the coach of the NT for two years and it was his duty to ensure that these qualities were inducted in the players and that only players with such qualities were included in the NT IMO
    dhritiman7Abhishekgiridharanindian_gooner
  • haritrams24haritrams24 kerala2087 Points
    He will receive a red card in his debut match
    munna219777masefieldtheoilfieldRonnygoalkeeparAbhishekgiridharandeepak dedhaindian_gooner
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29726 Points
    Issac Doru Sacked by aiff as I predicted
    munna219777RonnyashindiaAbhishekgiridharandeepak dedha
    Glan got carried away in few occasions in AFC CL but that does not mean he will earn a card. He and Apuia are two good things that recently happened to Indian football. Only thing is we need to find our core specially a consistent partner for Sandesh and an international level left back. Pritam, Bheke, Seriton, Mehta all are good in RB position. So as per me RB and one CB is at par at this moment. 
    I am huge fan of Brandon and Sahal. They have ability and in their day they can tear apart a team. Unfortunately both are injury prone. With inclusion of Apuia, Suresh, Glan we have good competition for Thapa and, Borges. I am not a big fan of Reynier, he is too soft for International competition. So more or less candidates for CM and CAM are okay as per me. 
    We desperately need Udanta back in form. Still no right winger in his level. May be Prabir Das can match, if groomed as right winger. Manveer or Liston can be used but in that case we will lose a striker who is in form and have potential to make things big. In left we have Changte, Ashique or Bipin. 
    In front its still Sunil is by far our best. Just we need to see who give him best company Manveer or Liston. May be against Bangladesh we can field three of them together. 
    However, its totally upto Igor to give this team some confidence as shown by Juan with Goa. I am not talking about vocal or any other tonic but a professional pep talk with video and technical analysis. 
    In this days data analytics playing a huge role, with so much video and other information available if we can plan meticulously this team has ability to perform. 

RonnyG_Kmunna219777Abhisheksouravindiaindian_goonerkartik91
    Also I feel Vikrampratap should step up and replaces Ishan. He has already played in age group so its high time he gets some exposure to senior level international football instead of Ishan.  
    Ronnymunna219777goalkeeparAbhisheksouravindiagiridharanindian_goonerkartik91
  • RonnyRonny 10497 Points
    edited May 2021
    Ishan simply got the nod because he scored 4 goals. VP played marginally more minutes than him but next season if he scores a few then he is definitely into the NT. Hopefully he gets to play in the ACL as well. I'm actually surprised that Rahul KP is not there because I feel he's the natural replacement for Udanta. Also Davinder might also replace Ishan as he has way more pace and is actually a better striker. Waiting for a big season from Rohit Danu as well because I feel he is the next star player for us.
    munna219777goalkeeparAbhisheksouravindiaindian_gooner
  • RonnyRonny 10497 Points
    edited May 2021
    This is why the under 23 SAFF cup is important for us. Vikram Pratap,Rohit Danu, Ishan,Rahul KP should play there. We don't even need Manvir to be part of that team anymore.
    munna219777Abhisheksouravindiagiridharanmasefieldtheoilfielddhritiman7deepak dedhaindian_goonerdeepukartik91
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10068 Points
    I think more international matches will only make Manvir more confident and mature.
    souravindiamunna219777dhritiman7indian_goonerdeepukartik91