King's Cup 2019

Comments

• NaujawanNaujawan 1609 Points
    Wingbacks and a depth CB wabted.
    haritrams24
  • https://www.goal.com/en-in/news/kings-cup-thailand-india-igor-stimac-happy-with-youngsters/1as9ncogq5283196i9oap87pgt

The Croatian promised that the team will keep improving in the future...India’s first win in the Igor Stimac era arrived against Thailand on Saturday after the Blue Tigers edged the War elephants 1-0 to claim the third spot in the King’s Cup.The Croatian was happy with how the young team performed and promised that the team will produce 
    the same type of organisation in the long run.

Stimac also pointed out that the team was better while in possession of the 
    ball than they were against the same opposition in the Asian Cup, where India had won 4-1.
    We are happy about the way we played. We were organised on the pitch as well and I promise that I will be doing that in the future as well. I’m proud of the players. As you could see, we had so many young players in the team,” he said.

“Today, there was only one player who played against Thailand in the Asian Cup. So, it’s a massive change and the final result reflects exactly what I wanted. There is competition for every position on the pitch and that makes me very happy as a coach.

Stimac has professed that he likes his team to keep hold of the ball and he feels the possession statistics show that his team did a better job in that regard than during the  Asian Cup win over Thailand in January.

“In Asian Cup game, Thailand had 70 percent possession if I remember. I think in today’s game, until we scored the goal, we were the better team in possession. We were passing and moving better than Thailand.

“I changed a few things on purpose after we scored the goal. You can see that we can keep possession and move the ball around even against better team like against Curacao in the second half.”
  • jitug1979jitug1979 687 Points
    Does anyone suspect Igor Stimac has an eye on this forum..most of his selection has already been discussed on this forum.. even selection for today's match..with the exception of Chettri
    [Deleted User]SiVmunna219777goalkeeparsparta
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Impressive win and Congratulations to Coach Stimac for his first victory with India NT. That is a massive baggage off his shoulder.

I read some comments about boring play or top players missing from the line up. For any Coach / Manager, most important thing is to grind out Win or Draw, this is what he did.
    India played much more disciplined football today then against Curacao.

We dont want to lose just for the sake of fielding favourite players or playing for the galleries.
    We have broken the myth that without Chhetri's Penalty or Udanta's pace, we cant win. We did it today.

It is fascinating to see a change in playing style from SC days to now packing the field with midfielders style of Stimac. Team looks unrecgnizable. Adil Khan, Thapa deserve a good praise for their performance. Disappointed with Farukh's miss. Hope he will get another oportunity. He is a better player then this.

I am afraid that this might be the last time Balwant Singh donned NT jersey. His first touch constantly deserted him, poor game from him.

Work in progress but this win will boost confidence.

RonnySiVjitug1979goalkeeparDeb_Bankartik91deepak dedhaspartaashindia[Deleted User]and 3 others.
  • agree with @munna219777 many of the players from this team are not suitable for stimac's style of play
    even before that they are not fit enough for NT 

players i want to be out of NT ASAP are
    1. Balwant Singh
    2 Farukh Choudhary
    3. Jackichand singh (came as sub still was easily chased all over) 
    4. Haldar
    5. kotal

• Stimac is the type of coach that Fan's wishing to have  from many years.
    Look in the first match he gave chance to all the players that Fan's want to have 
    In the second match he substituted same players whom fans wants to be substituted 
    & Who deserves to be out in the second half.
    In the team selection today he leaves pritam not rahul that's shows that what kind of coach he is.
    Compare all his selection process to stephen and we will understand how he is the need of the hour and definitely the best choice.
    He is my favourite now.
    He have the ability to change indian team completely & he will definitely do that
    jitug1979Deb_Bankartik91coolgagansouravindiareddevil87munna219777
  • RonnyRonny 10457 Points
    If he takes us to final round of WC qualifiers where top 10-12 quality, that is good enough as playing in WC for me!
    munna219777
  • ajmalajmal 1208 Points
    A midfield that has players like brandon, sahal, thapa,  amarjit is best suited for Igor stimacs style of football. They will get better if they continue playing for long.. Do you guys agree or not?  Anyone has a different view? 
    haritrams24goalkeepardreamersouravindiakartik91munna219777