INDIA vs OMAN World Cup Qualifier Group E 5 September 2019

Comments

• ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    Oman was frustrated in 2nd half. A fit Indian team could have scored 1-2 in counters and closed the match just like they did against Thailand.
    SOCCER4klgoalkeeparPassiDeb_Bandeepu
  • ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    I don't understand why is everyone here talking about every possible reason for India's defeat, ranging from fitness to bad defense, but not discussing the main reason - Why was Sahal not played in the entire match? Why was India deprived of it's most creative player in the most important match of the WCQs for us? He was not injured because Stimac did subbed him in mere 5 seconds before the final whistle. Why did no indian journalist ask Stimac in post match Presser about not bring him on earlier, maybe around 65th minute or so? Why is no media reporting this? Is this a blatantly fixed match.. i know it sounds ridiculous but so does the fact about not playing your best player despite him being fit.
    arunskumar148deepu
  • arunskumar148arunskumar148 Trivandrum387 Points
    But Wht can Sahal contribute in an ultra defensive approach we took in the second half??
    Maddie
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29264 Points
    Igor was played by rich Arabs of Oman to lose in 2nd half that's why no sahal
    karenesudhakar2050ashindiaharitrams24
  • SiVSiV 1853 Points
    edited September 2019
    India played well with a good attitude and hunger... But we did not have the quality which they have.... Stimac is right in pointing out that we were running too much chasing the ball than have possession...  We can improve only if the quality of the domestic league improves .. ISl and Ileague are both slow compared to an international match,,,, Isac Doru was saying sometime that  ISL players run 9 kms per match, whereas for international match we need players running around 14 kms ... Hope it improves, only then we can produce players who can compete and dominate asian teams...
    Passi
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    I felt that stimac was terrible tactically on 2nd half. When you want to play defensively, why play 4 attacking players?
    Kuruniyan shall be replaced by a deep midfielder. We were hardly able to hold the possession with us. I hope the coach can play with 3 mids against better opponents in future. This team might be good against the likes of bangladesh but not against the asia cup level teams.

Our team in current level cant afford to have the luxury of #10 who cant defend.
    ajmalgoalkeepardebarghya89
  • ajmalajmal 1208 Points
    edited September 2019
    I feel, Igor is a person who takes unusual decisions.. One example is him applying for India NT coach job.. May be in next match,  we could see Jhingan allowed to take rest,  Narendar gehlot will start in place of Jhingan.. Bheke starting again.. Sahal may start,  but brandon will not play, like this..,  wait..wait.. Igor is the same person.. David james of Kerala Blasters.. :D.. 
    munna219777
  • shibiershibier 2996 Points
    If you check the present Qatar NT squad you will find that almost all players spend their youth career in different European teams in Spain , France , Germany etc . I am sure this is not because they were talented and got direct selection thru trials. This may be due to the tie-up with Qatar Aspire Foundation and almost all big clubs have sponsoreship of Qatari Companies . Likewise we should have some tie ups with European clubs and should send our players to train with them atleast for 3 or 4 years in their younger ages . 
    Deb_Banashindiagiridharankartik91
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    Post-match conference 

munna219777
  • samsam 16441 Points
    edited September 2019
    After experimenting in 6 matches when a NT coach says we need to change 5 players in the team out of 11 players he should be kicked out ASAP. That is half of the team. Is it a bloody joke? You were supposed to be experimenting for this tournament. Next he'll say we need to change the playing style too.
    Absolute moron. He will never be able to find best XI and most effective playing style.
    shankarashindiaajmalmunna219777jees_josejitug1979ChelseafanEastBengalPridereddevil87