Dempo Club News

Comments

• AdminAdmin 240 Points
    Dempo can do it. Its possible to build a team strong enough. Now they have Fatorda floodlit too. So no going Pune for home matches. Armando has already indicated his ambition. After winning the I-league 5 times, nothings left to achieve in Indian football for Dempo
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">So india's barcelona proves their mettle once again with another i-league trophy....</font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">but where are fans??i mean house-full stadium??as they were expected to lift the trophy this match i wanted to see a houseful fans who can cheer for their home team after the victory</font></div>
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    There is another way to make it housefull. Make d house smaller. I think we should be happy that there was 15K strong crowd
    somesh wrote:
    There is another way to make it housefull. Make d house smaller. I think we should be happy that there was 15K strong crowd

<br><div>That is the reason why i am happy with the new stadiums being low capacity like the one in bangalore, mumbai etc..it will help generate a more intense support with much less fans in stadium actually</div>
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Frankly, Dempo needs to do some kind of advertising itself. They have done good job on the field and football related matters, (including deal with  FC Midtjylland and sending their young players for training), but it is high time to advertise itself for off field activities. Among all the people on this forum itself, almost all like Armado and dempo's play, but I am sure not many are adherent supporter of Dempo. EB, MB, Pune, Lajong, etc have more supporters than them. </font>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Dempo will go a long way...don't worry about fans they will come (if Dempo does what is promised) ..it takes time<br><br>Let's see how well the younger players replace Dempo seniors like - Climax, miranda, anthony, Ranti (he might leave), Gawli, Naik<br>
    Dempo's youth structure is also quite good. That is why we see each year good young players joining their ranks. Also they are quite patient and understanding. Densill Theobald would have been banished long time back if he were in Kolkata and the way he played first few games. That is what happened with Beto and Odafa. Of course there is huge pressure from fans which causes this. Thats a different thing.<div><br></div><div>But Dempo gave Densill matches to settle down and he is better now.</div>
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Srinivas Dempo's patience with management and players has took he club from virtually nowhere to India's best in a decade. That's what happen when consistency is there from top to bottom. Churchil's hire and fire policy has destroyed the club altogether.</font>
    <span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><span style="font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 14px; text-align: left; "> </span><span data-jsid="text" class="commentBody" style="text-align: left; ">Champions Contemplate a change for future!!<br><br>It took Mr. shrinivas to speak the outspoken truth at Dempo Sports Club.<br>"we need a couple of new players. There are two or three players in team who cannot go beyond the first 45 minute" said the Dempo Chairmai.<br>The Chairmen's Assessment of a team that has won a record fifth i league title in eight years is not out of place. Armando colaco,s side is the oldest in the competition with four first choice players above 32 ,three touching 30 and youngest player in the squad, Debrata Roy at 25 looks like a veteran after previous stints at East Bengal and Mahindra United.<br>"I am of the opinion that at least 25% of our players should come from our junior ranks. I am not enforcing this on coach or pressurizing him but i feel we should do more and give Goan players a chance" said Dempo.<br>As the Dempo chairman himself admitted, he has not yet conveyed his wish to the team management. But Armando seems to have got wind of the wish even before it was made as the coach has quietly worked behind the scenes and put together feeder line that is ready to step into big boots of the seniors.<br>"why do you think i make juniors players train with the senior team? I am ready with a fresh squad" said the Dempo Coach.<br>Some of the fresh blood hat Armando is keen to introduce are familiar faces Midfielder Godvin Franco, for example is taunted as straight forward replacement for Climax lawrence while Rowilson Rodrigues has already proved that he can take Mahesh Gavli's Place in the Center of Defense. Petere Carvalho is Armando's anywhere man while Joy Ferrao and Clifton Gonsalves are strikers who enjoys tremendous respect.<br>"I have few Junior players who will take Indian football by storm. These Players are hugely talented and hungry for success" bragged Armando.<br>Indian football has provided with a glimpse of at least two of Dempo secret Junior weapons. Winger Romeo Fernandes made his i league debut against Sporting club de goa and burned left flanks. Shallum pires has done exemplary job in defense during an emergency while by the end of next season names like Brian Mascarenhas(India U-22), Mandar Desai, Micky Vaaz and Jovito Fernandes could Continue to make Dempo Stylish As well as successful team.<br>He even has two of the best young goal keepers in country in laxmikant Kattymani and tyson Caiado. But while Kattymani on right track, Armando admit he is worried about caiado's seriousness or lack of it.<br>"i have not had word with any of my players. I want all regulars to stay but i will need clear the deadwood. And of course, I need to bring in Juniors. we will have a new look next year"Said the former India Coach.<br>Armando has been flooded with calls from players and their agents those who have shown more than just passing Interest is former Tottenham Hotspurs player, Nigerian International and Danish striker who has played in the UEFA Champions league.<br>"I have 16 bio-datas of footballer most of whom have proved themselves on the international stage. Everybody want to play for Dempo and I am not surprised" said Armando<br>Everyone will Be eager to check whether the latest Installment will be able to win them hearts and minds as well as points and trophies.</span></span><div><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><span data-jsid="text" class="commentBody" style="text-align: left; ">(TOI GOA)</span></span></div>
    <span style="font-weight: normal; font-family: Geneva, 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 18px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">"I have few Junior players who will take Indian football by storm. These Players are hugely talented and hungry for success" bragged Armando.</span><div style="font-weight: normal; "><span style="font-family: Geneva, 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 18px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><br></span></div><div><span style="font-family: Geneva, 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 18px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><b>Waiting for the storm! </b></span></div> :D