INDIA vs OMAN & UAE INTERNATIONAL FRIENDLIES -

Comments

• RonnyRonny 10450 Points
    edited March 2021
    I hope he does not bring in Halicharan for next game. I dont see a need for him in this team. Even bringing Jeakson along was a mistake. We might see Thapa, Liston, Gurpreet, Pritam,Mandar and the better one's from today against UAE. That will be an even tougher game than this so hopefully Stimac has a better understanding of his players capabilities now. If we draw with UAE despite being dominated for the most part, I will take it!
    souravindiagoalkeepardeepukartik91giridharanashindiaindian_goonermunna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Positives : 

10 players made a Debut. And they played with confidence

1-1  Result against an Arab Team which is stronger then us. And in an away game. Satisfctory result

Fitness wise we did not falter all thru 90 minutes

We were able to execute a plan modelled on Croatian style. Played a compact formation football in 1st half and in wide open spaces in 2nd half. We  changed the tempo in 2nd half.

Negatives (Hate to list them but margin for improvement is always there)

Our players were too eager to slide in the Box. If we become so predictable, smart teams will punish us by earning fouls in crucial matches.

Our players are failing to earn enough setpieces. They are vital in international football today. We need to improve in this sector

We failed to set the pace in first half. Rather played to the tune set by Oman.

More scope was there in utilisation of flanks and entire width of the field. Croatian teams regularly do this in 2nd half to tire the opposition

Game sense, timing of passes , movement of players in off-the-ball situations, positioning of players, choice of passing -  margin of improvement was there.

Of course we will improve from here. Eagerly looking for next challenge UAE

rudradebarghya89kartik91namewtheldG_Kgiridharanashindiasouravindiaindian_goonerRonnyand 4 others.
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    Indian player fitness will go down once they come back after these friendlies. Also I feel this season even though the schedule was bad, players got away from travel fatigue by playing entire tournament in Goa.

I hope AIFF and FSDL change the every day match  schedule, include more matches going forward. Im sure Indian NT can achieve greater things.

Coming to match it was a great performance. If this match was happening 5-8 years ago Im sure we would have lost 4-1 or 5-0. 
    goalkeeparmunna219777giridharansouravindiaindian_goonerRonnykartik91sparta
  • RonnyRonny 10450 Points
    Agree on those points. Also 5-6 years ago we would have lost with a set team and not a team having 10 debutantes. 
    ashindiaCarbon_14
  • AshishKaulAshishKaul Ancient India1127 Points
    edited March 2021
            GSS/AS
    AM/AR-SJ-SS-AM
              SSW
    MS-AT-AL/BF-AK/LC/LC/US/BS
             SC/IP

4-1-4-1
    haritrams24
  • dhritiman7dhritiman7 4029 Points
    Good result. Game will improve if this attitude remains. My observations - 
    1. Ashique should not have selected, he has just recovered from a horrific injury and played last two or one game in ISL. He is not even his shadow of his earlier self. Considering his age and potential he will surely come back. But Changte or Mandar should have got a start. 
    2. Pritam was playing constantly with Sandesh, so giving a chance to Ashutosh again was an experiment. However Ashu did fine. Matched his superior opponents and was really anticipated and robbed the ball and pass to Bipin. This is rare. So he deserves few more chances. My personal opinion, he is little more intelligent than Pritam as Pritam commits dull mistakes for ATK
    3. Amrindar - I am disappointed. Let GSS play constantly and improve himself. Penalty was real soft. 
    4. Thapa & Brandon - I have missed these two, have you?
    5. Suresh - He was bright, let him have some more match time
    6. Igor - He needs to find a core team as soon as possible. With so many permutation and combination we might not be able to play passing football. Everyday we won't get this result. One core team with two def, two mid, one GK, one FW. Rotate balance team. However fully agree with attitude and fitness points. We are way improved team (dont forget life is tough inside bubble) 
    7. Manvir - I am so surprised to see his improvement. Carried the baton well. 

ashindiagoalkeeparmunna219777Passiindian_goonernamewtheldgiridharansouravindiakartik91Chelseafan
  • dev_pfcdev_pfc Pune1936 Points
    Few things to note.
    Ashique is not NT material, he is just another headless chicken like Jairu,
    Borges cant boss the midfield in the all Indian lineup, he has no creativity and too slow.
    Jeakson needs to play regularly domestically before he can play for NT.
    once above two were substituted at the break. midfield look in better control. team had better possession in second half and there was balanced game compared to game mostly being played in India's half.
    I want to see Liston/Manvir and Chhangte/Narzary on wings against UAE with Pandita as no.9. with three of Raynier/Apuia/Suresh/Thapa in the middle. GSS in goal over Amarindar. 

dhritiman7ashindiagoalkeeparmunna219777kartik91
  • dhritiman7dhritiman7 4029 Points
    If I am not wrong and my football sense has some value, Apuia is a brilliant CM and will flurish. Thapa Apuia and a fit Brandon can be a deadly combo. 
    dev_pfcgoalkeeparmunna219777giridharanPassiG_KThe real AGRonnysouravindiakartik91and 1 other.
  • 3. Amrindar - I am disappointed. Let GSS play constantly and improve himself. Penalty was real soft.

why? bcoz after ISL was finished we were all for amrinder over GSS.
    giridharan