India vs Nepal Football Friendlies 02/09/2021 & 05/09/2021

Comments

• giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3621 Points
    edited September 2021
    Analysis of the game

Nepal can't score for shit. Complete dominance they had 8 clear cut chances

We hardly had 3 to 4 and scored. But no attacking threat at all. Chhetri had to dig deep and attack. There are so many unmotivated players in our squad. Players like Rahim are taking their place for granted. Disgusting! 
    munna219777ChelseafanLord_PessiashindiaRonnygoalkeepar
  • ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    Can't believe I am watching Indian players indulging in unnecessary time wasting tactics against nepal! And the fact that Stimac had to play a 36 yr old player in these inconsequential friendlies, which should have been ideally used to test our u-23 batch or other backup players, in order to win them is a damning admission of his own failure as a coach! We had to literally rely on Sunil Chettri to win this game and draw the last one (his assist) and the poor guy had to play full 90 minutes against the likes of Nepal is insulting to his legacy. It also leaves us with the uncomfortable question as to what will we do once Chettri retires in a year or so? We have no ready replacement ready nor are we giving opportunities to the back up strikers if we keep playing Chettri on these type of friendlies! Ideally Sunil Chettri, GSS, Thapa, Jhingan, etc should be only used in official tournaments (important ones, not shit like SAFF games) or in friendlies against stronger teams. We have to think about building for the future and a strong enough bench strength. 
    munna219777deepak dedhanamewtheldLord_PessiashindiagopiajeeshgiridharanCarbon_14
  • Lord_PessiLord_Pessi Bengaluru548 Points
    2 yard mispass fom pritam which almost resulted in goal is play of the day.
    manvir is only good for counters and he is not at all suitable for wings in international football.
    Without Ashique there is no threat from left flank .
    Apuia is ok with ball holding skills but he doesn't provide any good progressive passing . 
    Like Adil , we still can't trust Sana yet. That defence is hevaily reliant on Sandesh .
    Rahim is an slight upgrade over Ishan pandita , but not ready for international football.

After all this the bad news is , when can we find replacement for chettri .

ashindiadeepak dedhamunna219777giridharanChelseafan
  • RaghsRaghs Chennai654 Points
    guys see i told you, we won... last match lost because of the wet pitch.. if we had a good training ground we would have thrashed Nepal for 69-0. Told you I'm the man for this job. I will take India to Glory  B) - Stimac Probably
    haritrams24Chelseafanashindia
  • RaghsRaghs Chennai654 Points
    edited September 2021
    also, it's been 2 years since Stimac got appointed and this is our 3rd win. 
    giridharanDeb_Ban
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10448 Points
    People really think we will qualify for World Cup with this kinda performence.

I doubt we'd even qualify for Asian Cup if we get a tough draw.
    gaffertapemunna219777Carbon_14ashindiagiridharansparta
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29629 Points
    "So what, we are a work in progress. Rome was not built in a day, and the Indian NT shall play in the WC after the next Halley's Comet"--Stimac B) :p
    gaffertapemunna219777ashindiagiridharan
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10448 Points
    I hope we stop looking into shitty CV's like coaching big teams or playing in Europe league and shit for both ISL and National Team 

Just hire a fucking scout to get you managers and players. I wouldn't be surprised if our next manager is another washed up European who managed some European side or club 10 years ago
    munna219777Carbon_14ashindiagiridharan
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29255 Points
     1 Indian and 2 Nepalis Scored and India won. 
    gaffertapedeepak dedhaRaghsashindiamohammed_87hassangiridharan
  • ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    If we have to think beyond Chettri, why are the likes of Vikram Pratap Singh, Rohit Danu, Jobby Justin, that age fraud from Jamshedpur FC, Sridarth, Shubho Paul etc not given a chance in the NT or more realistically in our u-23 side? Why is AIFF not organizing enough friendlies, foreign exposure trips or at the very least a fucking long domestic camp for those u-19 and u-23 NY potential players who are either not getting enough game time with their club sides or don't have a good club at the moment? Why can't our u19 NT team have a long 3-4 month camp during the 8 month off season which only Indian Football has in the entire world? Dtaying and playing together for a sustained period will help keep them fit, introduce any new football philosophy the coach wants and get them match ready for AFC u19 qualifiers or the Olympic qualifiers! 
    By GOD, I am so upset right now with this performance and this shitty coach. Stimac should be sacked on the spot here! 
    munna219777goalkeeparRaghsCarbon_14masefieldtheoilfieldgaffertapegiridharanindian_gooner