India vs Cambodia, Afghanistan, and Hong Kong AFC Asian Cup Qualifiers I 8 June, 11 Jun & 14 June

Comments

• ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    Ronny said:
    I loved that comment! It burnt a lot of people lol. Everybody is an armchair critic. Some people watch EPL and expect our players to play like that
    Yes, we defeated Japan in last game.lol. under Stimacs reign which proper footballing nation have we defeated who are ranked above India? In order to win against Afghanistan we took 3 matches in different qualifiers. Some people watch epl and some people have seen our Indian teams winning by 4/5 goals against them earlier. So yeah it burns a few heart when the coach feels as if we have qualified for world cup while the true fact is we are where we were. Rankings have meant we get an easy group which everyone acknowledged we should be getting 9 points and its a failure if we cannot.
    Absolutely correct. In fact we have regressed under Stimac. Barring a few moments of brilliance by Chettri, Ashique or Sahal and a few phases of decebt oassing football, NT has become more defensive, unable to build attacks or break down inferior opponents. Plus tgere is a difference between playing the game and analyzing it. I may not have played the game but if I can understand the fine nuances of football which helps me in analysis of our NT's tactics and play then it cannot be said that I am an "armchair critic" of r my footballing knowledge is low! Such a disgraceful and dosgusting comment by Stimac and his supporters! Now that we have qualified for Asian Cup I really hope Stimac is sacked soon. That man has been a bane for Indian football. We need better prep and a much better coach for this Asian Cup!
    Passimunna219777ashindiagoalkeeparsouravindiaindian_goonergaffertape
  • Stimac will not be sacked now. We are stuck with him until the Asian Cup for sure which may well be until 2024.
    AIFF wanted an Asian Cup qualification and he gave us that so no one is sacking him. 
    Personally, I feel he should be sacked and in place get a coach who has a better understanding of the game as we still have 1 or 2 more years to the tournament.
    But no chance and we will continue to see these cringe-worthy matches (not all though) until then.
    goalkeeparmunna219777souravindiaashindiaChelseafanindian_goonerspartagiridharankartik91
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited June 2022
    Stimac will be kicked out after AFC Asian Cup 2023
    Till then he will blabber his mouth
    ashindiaRonnygoalkeeparsouravindiaindian_goonerspartakartik91
  • RonnyRonny 10457 Points
    I just hope we keep playing higher ranked middle Eastern teams in friendlies instead of playing Nepal, Bangladesh kind of games
    Sukunmunna219777sparta
  • ajmalajmal 1208 Points
    edited June 2022
    Scoring goals in last isl season has increased Sahal's confidence to try for more goals. I am not sure how far he can improve as a midfielder, but I am hopeful that he will score many goals this season too. 
    goalkeeparSukunChelseafanspartagiridharankartik91Passi
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6482 Points
    Afghanistan vs Combodia match is draw (2-2). Combodia fought well after conceding 2 goals in first 35 minutes.
    Sukunmunna219777namewtheldindian_gooner
    ajmal said:
    Scoring goals in last isl season has increased Sahal's confidence to try for more goals. I am not sure how far he can improve as a midfielder, but I am hopeful that he will score many goals this season too. 
    Stimac made a good point about Sahal -“I need Sahal to rationalize his moves. He has so much quality, he can run he can sprint, but 50% of those are not effective."

About Manvir he said that Manvir had a rubbish game against Cambodia and they talked that it was not an acceptable performance. Manvir then came up with a much more physical effort against Afghans and coach said that Manvir was the key player of the game.

I like it that staff is able to bring the best out of players

goalkeeparindian_goonerkartik91
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29259 Points
    Ashque was actually Mom of Last match
    Chelseafangiridharankartik91
    He really was but coach was talking in terms of the player that really lifted his game as being worthy of a NT player