India vs Cambodia, Afghanistan, and Hong Kong AFC Asian Cup Qualifiers I 8 June, 11 Jun & 14 June

Comments

• ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    What a performance! Stimac deserves full credit for today's win! This bunch of players are special - maybe our golden generation (though I hope not. I want even better players to emerge in future). Just think about it - When has India had such riches in central midfield? You got Suresh, Thapa, Sahal, Brandon, Glen, Apuia, Jeakson and Amarjit Kiyan (I really miss him. He should be part of this team). All of these players have superior technical skill set plus composure on the ball. Remember the days when our midgield was managed by the likes of Haldar, Borges etc? We always had decebt wingers but to such riches in midfield is something else. These players will change India's footballing philosophy from long ball play to possession play. This is how footballing style is evolved - by developing the future players adapted to it. 
    Plus both our wingbacks, Roshan and Mishra were amazing. Probably for the first time since Syed Rahim Nabi India has had such attacking, technically gifted full backs. A direct upgrade on the likes of Kotal, Bose etc. And Anwar Ali is a special talent - the ONLY ball playing central defender in India. What composure on the ball...what defending! And once Sana is fit just imagine how strong our xentral defence would be with the likes of Anwar, Sana and Jhingan. 
    Ashique is our magical man these days. What dribbling skills, what presence of mind, what vision to give such assists! 
    I only want more young strikers to be given chance in NT - guys like Vikram Pratap, Rohit Danu, Sridarth. Because Manvir and Pandita are not good enough to replace Chettri. Plus a few more young wingers like Boris, Komal Thattal, Yasir and that guy from 2017 u17 Indian team who dribbled really well (can't remember his name - from north east, something like Ningdoi something) should be tried out, especially for the RW pisition. Plus Changte. He should be involved. 
    Abhishekgiridharannamewtheldkartik91spartaashindiareddevil87munna219777Sukunindian_goonerand 1 other.
  • SukunSukun Mumbai364 Points
    India did good, Both team and supporters in crowd were awesome.Also glad that we get to cheer India again in 2023 Asian Cup.Congratulations India and Fans!
    I would also add that Hongkong in next four days will play Japan ,S.Korea and China throughout two weeks in East Asian competition,while we don't know when we will play again.I wish we get to play good teams or tournaments soon with big and far superior teams even if we are humiliated,well we could only wish,it's AIFF who has to do lot with 360 degree planning from here.
    ChelseafanAbhishekgiridharannamewtheldkartik91spartaashindiareddevil87munna219777indian_goonerand 1 other.
  • RonnyRonny 10457 Points
    You are talking about Ninthoi and Nongdanba Naorem..
    AbhishekChelseafankartik91spartaashindiaindian_goonerPassi
  • AbhishekAbhishek 461 Points
    Ronny said:

I wonder where are they now?! 
    Chelseafan
  • ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    Ronny said:
    Yes Ninthoi and Naorem. These two. What happened to them?
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3624 Points
    Finally we had an outing where we played like the favorites from the get go. This attitude is brilliant. Stimac deserves credit from analyzing the mistake with bringing Ashique back and introducing Udanta to replace Manvir when needed. The main reason for joy is 3 wins in a trot. This has not happened in a long time for us. Stimac has made the wing backs play fearlessly. I just wish he has more respect towards to the fans. Only if the midfield and forwards carry more attacking threat and finish like today we will win. Otherwise this style of play is useless. I am thinking with Apuia and Sana added to this team. We can finally have a settled XI except Sunil.  Our forwards should play in other leagues if they don't get opportunities here. I don't think National team should be fixing the forward supply. So playing 2-3 friendlies will not work in replacing Sunil. Overall a great night to remember! 
    namewtheldspartaashindiaRonnyreddevil87munna219777indian_goonersouravindiaSanjeev BiswasPassiand 1 other.
  • G_KG_K Kerala5182 Points
    edited June 2022
    What a match today.

This the inarguably the best match under Stimac. Hong Kong is a decent side and the defence looked a bit shaky when they attacked, but it doesn't matter if we keep the pressure up front with these waves of attack. The fitness levels were so good throughout these 3 games and Stimac nailed his substitutions. Ashique just showed why he belong there.
    ashindiagiridharanmunna219777namewtheldgoalkeeparindian_goonersouravindiaPassispartakartik91
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6482 Points
    edited June 2022
    Well played India , kudos to entire team & staff. Excellent support from crowd in all 3 games. I'm watching highlights repeatedly and every time,  it is giving me goosebumps. Today, Indian players are in attacking mode and could have scored few more goals.

But this Hong Kong team looks technically superior to us & created lot of chances & would have scored couple of goals. Maybe most of their players playing for Kitchee & they did pretty well in Champions League including last season.

With the addition of Apuia,  Sana & Chhangte in match day squad, our team would be much better. Coach will not start all 4 young player's in defense (Roshan , Anwar , Sana & Akash ) as we would need experience player in defense. Jhingan saved us multiple times against Afghanistan & even in Hong Kong game, he had made good tackles. Defensively, Akash was not upto the mark in Afghanistan game, but he proved me wrong today.

For me stand-out player in Qualifiers is Anwar followed by Ashique , Roshan , Akash & Jeakson. Sahal goal against Afghanistan is decisive & he would scored in this game as well. All other players did their part including Gurpreet, Brandon & Glan. I don't want to rate Chhetri as he is my favorite Indian player.
    munna219777RonnynamewtheldgoalkeeparSukunindian_goonersouravindiaashindiagiridharan
  • KoolKool USA186 Points
    Some is sounding so optimistic and full of enthusiasm  - ChelseaFan. Good to see you enjoying and being positive, happy for you buddy. :smile:
    Give it a couple of more years ... this would even get better, provided AIFF does not screw up anything big time.
    munna219777Sukunashindia
  • shibiershibier 2996 Points
    What's happening ??? Did Hongkong threshed weak India 10-0 ????
    ashindiaharitrams24PassiThe real AGmunna219777mohammed_87hassangiridharankartik91