2023 Hero Intercontinental Cup

12345679»

Comments

• indian_goonerindian_gooner 3416 Points
    Everytime he gets sufficient time for a camp he delivers. Only when the team is assembled a day or 2 before friendlies we have seen the team struggle.

yes. But  this approach is not suitable for long term. Because rest of the continents have a proper calendar. Once we get into proper AFC calendar and schedule the matches appropriately so that we can get into top 10 of Asia.

• ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    Stimac has made the team play a passing game. That is to his credit. But he has his faults as well. But for now I will only talk of his positives.
    Btw this makes me wonder once NT is back to its full strength with Suresh, Apuia, Brandon, Manvir, Roshan and Sana Singh returning, how will they all fit in and what is our best 11? For instance, where will Brandon fit in with the midfield already settled on Suresh-Thapa-Sahal-Changte-Ashique/Mahesh? Whom will be replace? Also what about Apuia? Will he replace Suresh or Thapa? Same with Roshan - will he replace Poojari or be his back up? Kotak is not NT material. Also we need a credible LB backup to Akash Mishra. Subhashish is ok but not to his standard. Any possible suggestions?
    indian_goonersouravindia
  • RonnyRonny 10457 Points
    Roshan Singh will challenge Mishra and Apuia will take Jeakson’s place. Stimac has made a team with 2-3 options for each position. Never had such bench strength and belief in players before 
    ChelseafansouravindiaPassigiridharankartik91
    8 thought Roshan was a RB? 
  • RonnyRonny 10457 Points
    He can play with both feet. In his debut against Bahrain he played as RB, went forward cut in and crossed with his left that led to Bheke's header goal. I still want to see Ashish Rai but not sure why he's not making the cut
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6495 Points
    Ashish Rai is not fit. He had an injury
    Ronny
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    I dont think Suresh is good enough for starting XI, he gets in because of Chhetri lobby. Same goes for Roshan, he is downright SAFF quality on his good days. Stimac should make the Intercontinental Trophy squad as the main squad and only add back ups from now on except the odd ones like Lachenpa instead of Gurmeet and Brandon coming back. 
    goalkeeparPassi
    No, Suresh is the midfield engine of our midfield. He has the stamina plus good tackling and game awareness besides the usual technical skills a midfielder needs. He is an ideal Ball winning midfielder who can protect the backline. Apuia would be his ideal partner who can play as a defensive playmaker or a box to box midfielder. But that limit the 3rd midfield slot between Thapa vs  Sahal vs. Brandon (assuming he is not playing on the wings). But I want to see both Thapa and Dahal play together! Both are so skillful. 
    goalkeeparRonnyEastBengalPride