ISL 2024-25: Three Kolkata Giants, Six Legendary Derbies

Comments

• thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30243 Points
    Kerala Blasters 2-1 East Bengal

East Bengal opened the scoring through PV Vishnu which was cancelled out by Noah Sadaoui's goal.
    Then a horrible mis pass from Anwar Ali, reportedly India's highest paid footballer, led to the second goal by Kwame Peprah. 
    indian_gooner
  • I loved the way MSC id playing. Looks lively. Atkeast in first coupkr of weeks we have seen lesser And fringe players playing much better And having hunger than so called pillars of current Indian football team. Money seems to have taken away any hunger from them. The only option I see as of now to make them play on their heels is to introduce relegation in the league. Without it this league is losing its zeal And leading to further deterioration  of Indian football
    ashindiagoalkeepargiridharan
  • ashindiaashindia 9425 Points
    Don't pay them more than 1 cr simple. If they demand then better to sign players with potential and polish them for few months, they will surely give better returns 
    giridharanRonnysouravindia
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C4038 Points
    ashindia said:
    Don't pay them more than 1 cr simple. If they demand then better to sign players with potential and polish them for few months, they will surely give better returns 
    Yeah also ISL clubs should be a bit ruthless in releasing fringe players. Fringe players like Sahil Panwar and so many even play for top clubs in India. They should be axed. I think our sporting directors and others pay more attention scouting on foreign signing than looking into local talent in I-League or I-league 2. 

Not one in fourteen club has chosen to sign from lower division. Neither do they loan out these fringe players to second division due to wages.

Your salary cap idea @ashindia ;is perfect. If they want to make more than that, they should go out and prove themselves that they are worth it.

Relegation should give some motivation but I am afraid they will go and bloat the wages in lower divisions as well.
    The root problem is the player pool, We don't have a bigger pool so they guys will get away with any money they ask. 
    How many of these ISL clubs have teams that play in I-League 2? Where are we creating more players? We cannot rely on the Under age national teams to produce some 10-20 mediocre players every year. They will happily take benches in top league every year. In Europe and Latin America. If you play from U-15 to U-21 still there is no guarantee you will make it national team. Most of the players would have been part of axe and chop strategy. They can afford to do that because of the player pool. The same goes for all the clubs.
    Nagendraindian_goonersouravindia
  • ashindiaashindia 9425 Points
    edited September 23
    Salary cap will never come into picture because lot of leeches will lose their source of income. Player salaries is a big mafia in Indian football especially ISL - Coaches, staff, ex players and especially agents are involved in this scam. 

Sooner owners realise the better money can be utilised for developing Indian football 
    giridharanNagendraRonnygoalkeeparindian_goonersouravindia
  •  In Europe and Latin America. If you play from U-15 to U-21 still there is no guarantee you will make it national team.

Yeah. Just imagine the likes of Adrian Luna and Luka Majcen who played at youth levels for their NT but not in senior level.

• BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7398 Points
    Anyone else impressed with Dipendu ? 
    He played well against NEUFC
    goalkeeparDeb_BanashindiaNagendragiridharanindian_goonerthebeautifulgamesouravindia
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6792 Points
    Anyone else impressed with Dipendu ? 
    He played well against NEUFC
    He is good tactically,  even very good in air considering his height.  Physically,  he seems similar to Anwar Ali. Not sure if he can succeed in N.T with his height & strength. 
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6792 Points
    Though Gurmeet (NE goalkeeper) is poor, I feel M.B's 2nd goal (Subhasish) should be ruled out. NEU is dominating until then & clearly robbed 3 points from them . What do you guys think ?
    giridharan
  • samsam 16547 Points
    Gurmeet did not have the ball under his control even before Bose's alleged foul. Hence, the goal was awarded.