ISL 2024-25: Three Kolkata Giants, Six Legendary Derbies

1234568»

Comments

• thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30243 Points
    BFC beat MBSG 3-0

Sunil Chhetri  scored his 64th goal to become the league’s highest ever goal scorer.

Maddieindian_goonergiridharan
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C4038 Points
    BFC beat MBSG 3-0

Sunil Chhetri  scored his 64th goal to become the league’s highest ever goal scorer.

He scored for the penalty he did not even win, he no longer even wins penalties.

Interesting stat is Sunil has scored 26 goals as striker from 70 apps. Whereas he scored 32 goals from 74 apps as left winger. Also in those 32, 13 were penalties. I am sure even in the 26 he scored as a striker majority will be from penalty. He is really going down in levels massively. I know he still gives interviews saying he is fitter than the rest of the boys. I don't disagree there, but I think he is nowhere near the strikers of other teams. He is just there for legacy purpose to bloat in ISL. 

I think even during prime when he had pace he was at best a winger and Ashley was not wrong to use him there. Now the captain is one of the reasons why BFC is not challenging for league title. He is holding them back. I hope he understands now is the time and retires from football this season.
    NagendraMaddiegaffertape
  • RonnyRonny 10523 Points
    Too hard on him I feel. He scored from a pretty good header as well this season. He seems faster and no international games will keep him fresha nd hungry this season. It's the younger one's like Danu and Sivasakthi who are not able to challenge a 40 year old's position
    deepak dedhaNagendraBrainFallINDIAashindiagiridharangaffertapeindian_goonerThe real AG
    Jamshedpur FC 2-0 East Bengal

Mohun Bagan Super Giant 3-0 Mohammedan Sporting SC
    debarghya89
    Even if an analysis of all the matches is not possible, members should at least post the results of matches here!
    debarghya89BrainFallINDIAindian_goonerNagendra
  • RonnyRonny 10523 Points
    Very enjoyable season so far from a neutral perspective.
    Players I have liked so far
    Vinith Venkatesh(19) from BFC
    Nihal Sudeesh(23) from Punjab
    Vibhin Mohanan(21)- Kerala
    Nathan Rodriguez(20)- Mumbai
    Dipendu Biswas(21)- Bagan
    Hoping to see more of Vishnu, Thoi Singh, Shivaldo, Abhishek, Lalhlansanga, Brison and Suhail soon
    BrainFallINDIANagendragiridharanashindiaindian_goonersouravindia
  • deepak dedhadeepak dedha Ghar2845 Points
    We are in a desperate need for a striker and I have really high hopes from Suhail. Hope he's given proper amount of game time to prove himself.
    BrainFallINDIANagendragiridharan