FIFA U17 World Cup 2017 in India

Comments

• hadfadkarhadfadkar 1236 Points
    In a bid to get prepared & knowledge transfer to host the FIFA U-17 World Cup in 2017, five AIFF executives to travel to UAE in October to learn the nuances of organizing a top level Football tournament.

This will be through an involvement in UAE, which is going to conduct an international football championship with eight top countries from October 17 to November 6.

It has been learnt that following FIFA top brass instruction, UAE has asked five representatives ­of the India's football federation to be a part of its organizing committee for the championship.
  • So wait... we want to host this event yet we have no idea how to? Brilliant, I am glad to know that real football guys are running the AIFF.
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    hadfadkar wrote: »
    FIFA Wants AIFF To Learn Nitty-Gritty For Hosting Big Events

http://feverpitch.in/SiteWeb/Newsdesc.aspx?SID=FD42EA9C-B35D-443A-9472-05C0E6E8D470

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Again, this is why Indian football is no where near improving. I know we should be happy that we are getting training in this but for me it is just appalling to know that the people running our football don't no shit.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Just goes to show what kind of people we have running the AIFF.</font></div>
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    AIFF GOT TROLLED BY FIFA :P
  • gopiajeeshgopiajeesh Kerala654 Points
    whts wrong in it if fifa want us to learn before doing something ..(.fact of the matter is tht AIFF never hosted such big event before ),nd if tht help AIFF then there is no problem with tht <br>
  • gopiajeesh wrote: »
    whts wrong in it if fifa want us to learn before doing something ..(.fact of the matter is tht AIFF never hosted such big event before ),nd if tht help AIFF then there is no problem with tht <br>

<br><div><br></div><div>I said that I know we should be happy about this so you can take it whatever way you want but the point is they dont even know what they are getting into. Just pisses me off when I think of past tournaments which could have been better.</div>
  • ashindiaashindia 9264 Points
    gopiajeesh wrote: »

<br><br>But it also shows where our AIFF officials stand in eyes of FIFA. :P <br>
  • FIFA has a policy to give such tournaments to developing countries. UAE, Nigeria, Peru, Chile, Trinidad and Tobago. India is on their radar. This will help us in developing good infrastructure. <br>