FIFA U17 World Cup 2017 in India

Comments

• preetampreetam 870 Points
    edited June 2014
    First aiff has to get rid 4m reliance then only there is chance f happenin sumthng gud ..

Admin Edit: This is our final warning to you @preetam. Please avoid using SMS language altogether. We are investing a lot of time and money to improve the site quality, this would not be tolerated
    Deb_Banashindia
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    edited June 2014
    @gaffertape is this true?

“.....  It
    is FIFA’s responsibility to do this. If you look at the last U-17 World
    Cup which was hosted by the UAE, 82 per cent of the people working for
    the event were FIFA employees. It is certainly not organised by the
    AIFF. They have to look at the venues and form the various committees
    and tell us what they want. As long as they do not do that, what can we
    do?” asks a source close to the AIFF ..........."

Doe  this mean only stadium and Training facilities have to be AIFFs Priorities?.. while planning execution  Logistics will be handled by Fifa Personnel.... I am sure there is Tonns of Coordination documentation and planning involved here
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    AIFF Special Technical Committee discusses U-17 World Cup 2017 plans and following are key decision taken in meeting 

1)AIFF Technical Director Mr. Baan stressed that the Team should be sent on minimum three exposure Tours per year in International Tournaments and play at least, minimum 40 competitive matches in a calendar year.

2) An U-15 Youth League across the Country. Besides the AIFF Academies, the proposed League would consist of I-League Clubs, ISL Franchises, invitational Academies, 2nd Division Clubs – all to augment the talent for the AIFF U-17 World Cup Academies.

3)Rob stressed the exposure trips should be held in various Continents like Asia, Africa, Europe, Latin America for the Team to get used to the tactics, attitude and style of play of various sides, all of which would play an important role in the World Cup.

4)India is bidding for the U-16 AFC Championship Finals in 2016 which would help to evaluate the preparation of the Team as well as of the venues.

The Committee comprising of AIFF General Secretary Mr. Kushal Das, AIFF Technical Director Mr. Robert Baan, National Coach Wim Koevermans, National Team Captain Sunil Chhetri and noted Coach Mr. Derrick Pereira discussed at length the path to form a competitive Indian squad for the mega event.

However, AIFF Technical Committee Chairman and former Indian National Team Captain Mr. Bhaichung Bhutia couldn’t attend the Meeting for personal reasons.
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Bhaichung shud be chucked off this committee..nothing that he says can be of any value...if he can even find time to show up...
    goalkeeparDeb_Ban
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29707 Points
    ISL ka pyar ho gaya usko
  • CybertronCybertron 402 Points
    2017 FIFA U-17 World Cup Advertisement

• hadfadkarhadfadkar 1236 Points
    In their bid to prepare a competitive India U-17 squad that will play in the FIFA U-17 World Cup in three years from now, the AIFF is mulling on starting an U-15 I League in order to tap the best talent for the big ticket tournament.

Announcing its long list of plans that AIFF has mooted ahead of the 2017 tournament, Das further said they would appoint a foreign coach for the U-17 besides also roping in a professional CEO. The next step is U-15 League involving 24-28 teams this season onwards.

It would consist of 10-12 I-League teams depending on the bids that we get, ISL teams (from next year), a few academies (of AIFF, IFA etc) and will be held in a home and away basis.

http://www.theshillongtimes.com/2014/08/19/aiff-to-start-u-15-i-league/
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    In my opinion this is the wrong step. Just having a I-League U15 league won't change a thing! It will still be the same, honestly, crap players on the same crap fields with the same crap coaches and training with the same crap format.

Yes, the player pool will increase and we may find a few diamonds in the rough but will it be enough to ensure a stronger India U17 side for the FIFA U17 World Cup? No.
    goalkeepar
  • That is a good start but a long way to go to identify the best 21 players. Hope they get implemented.