I-League Division 2 News

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Thats not what I meant when I said a word art pic. I have seen many logos which relate to religon, its just that this one looks like it was created by some kid. Surely they can do more than that.

Also, other than an academy what else does this club have? The stadium is barely passable to even be in the league, I doubt they even have a proper budget at all to compete with the best, and, compared to other clubs like Bengaluru and Pune and even Shillong Lajong I don't see much with this team... I actually see another United Sikkim in the making.

And that goes for all 2nd Division clubs, including Royal Wahingdoh, Eagles, and the Kolkata sides... they just don't bring that extra spark of professionalism this league attained from Bengaluru FC and Pune FC. I just don't see them being long term assests to the growth of the league... at least within. I believe that from outside the league these clubs can benefit us (providing chances for new players etc) but from inside I would not hold my breath.
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    I'll have to disagree slightly...
    Aizawl FC will be able to attract a massive fan following , as the Mizo people will come together to support their own.
    The club will struggle to stay in the I-League if they restrict themselves to only Mizo players & four foreigners, as SLFC did in their 1st outing.
    Mizoram produces many good attacking players , but with the exception of Robert Lathlamuana , they hardly produce on I-League/ National team quality defenders,

They will get financial support front he State Government as well as the North East Council (NEC), and can tap into numerous local business owners for small sponsorships 
    They might not get a 10Crore handout like BFC / PFC get from JSW & Piramal respectively but they can probably attract 2-3 Crores from sponsors if done correctly . I've seen the Mizoram Premier League grow and attract sponsors and generate a lot of interest amongst kids & women folk too.

Utd Sikkim was very poorly managed, but Aizawl FC will be better managed than Bhowanipore, Kalighat or most 2nd Div teams except Royal Wahingdoh
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Hmmmm, I don't know still. You make a good point but I probably should have mentioned long term as in long term I dont see Aizawl being a massive factor for I-League. Yes, they can survive on a small budget for now but as the league grows slightly eventually that budget will just be to small. Also, if we want the league to improve we need teams with money. 2-3 crore is nothing if you want the I-League to become a major player in Indian sport... that is basically 1 Odafe! 

I am sorry but I want the league to grow and get better with every season and I dont see Aizawl being able to do that, even with their crowds. Unless that fanbase can bring in money for the club I really do not care and that is the same with all the other clubs in the 2nd Division, I just dont see the value in any of the clubs this season.

And your right about the USFC reference, they wont be that bad... I should have said that they would be Rangdajied United but minus the IMG-Reliance players and the foreigners + some random foreigners.
  • dhungel35dhungel35 444 Points
    saw USFC practice session today..Ekendra Singh was in charge , and Bhaichung taking the role of physical trainer...with the squad that i saw today...there is no hope.
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Shouldn't we make a new thread for I League 2. This thread is too old and heavy anyway. Is the schedule up yet?
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29261 Points
    Is it true from next year we will have home & away for I League 2
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    True for now..it was true last year too. 
  • Coverage for Some Division Two Teams by I-League Media Team 

PIFA 

http://i-league.org/?p=10862

Garhwal FC 

http://i-league.org/?p=10873
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    Finally me so happy that As a Garhwali i have club to suuport ! GFC will be playing in 2nd div 

They Have U-14,U-19 team also with Academy running .. They have good sponsor ,, Hope some day they qualify for I League and Make Dehradun there base ..

http://www.garhwalfc.com/
This discussion has been closed.