North-East Premier League

Comments

• shankarshankar 2600 Points
    Ok so I am guessing that no I-League nor I-League 2nd Division clubs will participate in this league right.
    as the league would be happening in off-season there is chance of maybe 1-league 2nd division teams participating....
  • Ok so I am guessing that no I-League nor I-League 2nd Division clubs will participate in this league right.
    as the league would be happening in off-season there is chance of maybe 1-league 2nd division teams participating....

I am fine with that considering the amount of games you get in I-League 2nd Division is between like 6 and 15 and that being in a span of 2 months but stay clear of Shillong Lajong FC or any future I-League team because of the scheduling conflicts.
  • can USFC tAkE Prt in THiS LeAgue??
  • can USFC tAkE Prt in THiS LeAgue??

They have already said that no club from Sikkim will be joining which to me is a good thing as United Sikkim will be in I-League next season so the NEPL would cause scheduling conflicts and I don't think the NEPL would mind if USFC put in there Reserve side as they want the league to be professional.
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.assamtribune.com/scripts/detailsnew.asp?id=dec2611/sports06"; onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.assamtribune.com/scripts/det ... 1/sports06</a><!-- m -->
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9957 Points
    Good thing they are not allowing PSU teams. Also, the idea of taking the state league champions (as opposed to fresh franchisees) will integrate the overall football structure of the whole NE from the grassroots up. The play off among the runners up teams of the state leagues for the eighth spot will also generate competition in the state leagues, which will contribute to improvement of the state leagues.. Over time, this will point out the real strong state leagues (that is, the stronger leagues will have more than one team in NEPL).

I would have preferred a pure league than a round robin competition, though.

Hopefully, they will get sponsors and broadcasters. Whatever it is, NE football is going to change from March 2012 for sure.
  • ajmalajmal 1208 Points
    no news about d league? scheduled to be held in march last na. CMG d sponsors of NEPL busy with PLS , will it affect NEPL?
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    <span style="font-weight: normal; font-style: normal; font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 14px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">The Kolkata based Celebrity Management Group(CMG) sponsored North East Premier Leaque season 1 is going to be launch on 20th May,2012.Each state champion team from the NE states(excluding Sikkim this year) will participate in this grand event.The leaque will be played in UEFA champions leaque typed HOME & AWAY basis</span><div><span style="font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 14px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><i><b><br></b></i></span></div><div><span style="font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 14px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><i><b>Updated by a guy in a facebook group</b></i></span></div>