Churchill Brothers News

Comments

• DomnicDomnic 2309 Points

"Churchill Alemao tried his best to retain Bilal. He even paid him more money than what was stipulated in his contract but the UAE club's financial clout was just too much." - Bhowmick.

• shankarshankar 2600 Points

> Domnic said:
    > $50000 was supposedly paid as transfer fee.

then not bad... actually i read in many place that he was allowed to go as a free agent...
    this is more frustating when you gonna lose one of the best defender of the league

time for a replacement soon
  • I wonder how much they are paying Bas van den Brink,as Perth Glory coach Ian Ferguson says:

"Once again, it’s an opportunity for a player to move overseas and unfortunately we cannot compete dollar for dollar with these clubs," Ferguson said.

:-/

• ashindiaashindia 9264 Points

> debarghya89 said:
    > I wonder how much they are paying Bas van den Brink,as Perth Glory coach Ian Ferguson says:

"Once again, it’s an opportunity for a player to move overseas and unfortunately we cannot compete dollar for dollar with these clubs," Ferguson said.

A-League salaries are poor except for the star/marquee players.

• But the quality of foreigners there is much better than in I-League

• ashindiaashindia 9264 Points

> debarghya89 said:
    > But the quality of foreigners there is much better than in I-League

That hardly matters to a 30 year old veteran like Bas Van,he probably needs some good money and this is the right age.

• > ashindia said:
    > > debarghya89 said:
    > > I wonder how much they are paying Bas van den Brink,as Perth Glory coach Ian Ferguson says:

>
    >

A-League salaries are poor except for the star/marquee players.

And your source for such a speculative statement is?
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points

It was always gonna be a big signing as the news was in the air in south Goa. And it has not come cheap as far as I hear. But it is less than 3.85 Cr that Bilal was offered by UAE club.

Also the statement by Perth coach suggest that Churchill have burst the bank for this transfer.

• shankarshankar 2600 Points

> Domnic said:
    > It was always gonna be a big signing as the news was in the air in south Goa. And it has not come cheap as far as I hear. But it is less than 3.85 Cr that Bilal was offered by UAE club.
    >
    > Also the statement by Perth coach suggest that Churchill have burst the bank for this transfer.

perth coach didnt know that that churchill indian version of roman ..

anyway i am starting to like this club given the quality foreigners they are starting to bring in to the league =D>