Churchill Brothers News

Comments

• DomnicDomnic 2309 Points

@kid. I think your answer is above. Akram played his last game for CB against Prayag. This is the news I was talking about that day. Althogh I knew it, I needed to confirm it.

I think now we realise why Indian clubs go for Africans. Bcoz these other guys are fuck bothered about the club and look for personal gains. Just bcoz Bilal's dual deal was rejected, now both want to leave. Ridiculous.

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

shit...Tamine Lamba replacing Bilal..this looks bad

• how strong do you think churchill will be with the addition of these players.

• > Domnic said:
    > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > God, its only 1-2 matches and it is not as if they had a chance against the Hong Kong giants anyway. 
    >
    >
    > CB is a team on medium budget with only about 12-15 good players. They have a mediocre bench and no replacement for Denzil. Its not as though they have 25 good players like East Bengal.
    >

I am not saying that. I am saying that even at full strength I doubt Churchill Brothers can get much out of the Kitchee match. They are a really good side. Perhaps having your main guys can help cushion the goal difference but that is it. It is basically a loss already.
  • > Domnic said:
    > @kid. You are talking as though only CB needs players by saying replace Denzil with Naoba and Sandip witj Abijit. What about East Brngal.

East Bengal dont care as much anyway about the AFC Cup so I dont think they mind.
  • > rudra said:
    > shit...Tamine Lamba replacing Bilal..this looks bad

it all depends on what is his fitness. I think he last played for air india.

• > Domnic said:
    > @kid. I think your answer is above. Akram played his last game for CB against Prayag. This is the news I was talking about that day. Althogh I knew it, I needed to confirm it.
    >
    > I think now we realise why Indian clubs go for Africans. Bcoz these other guys are fuck bothered about the club and look for personal gains. Just bcoz Bilal's dual deal was rejected, now both want to leave. Ridiculous.

To be fair to them Churchill only have a half-season deal to Bilal. So part of the blame is on the club as well.
  • > fernscyril said:
    > > rudra said:
    > > shit...Tamine Lamba replacing Bilal..this looks bad
    >
    >

it all depends on what is his fitness. I think he last played for air india.

He played for Air India last season but is currently a free agent.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points

> fernscyril said:
    > how strong do you think churchill will be with the addition of these players.

defense is the main concern...scoring will be ok...akram was good but sunil and belal can compensate, they also have henry. Beto will still control the attacking moves.

but defensively, Bilal had two roles whhich i dont think lamba can make up for-
    1) the defenders job, where i guess lamba will be ok, but not good enough plus to bond with the other cb and goalie takes time
    2) to initiate attacks from behind. bilal did that many times, i guess with lamba one can forget that

i guess Bhwomick and dias are thinking that by bolstering attack, we will score more and so even if we concede, we can win. Well, its a very 'mohun bagan officials' way of thinking, doesnt really work that well. a lot now depends on lamba
  • > fernscyril said:
    > how strong do you think churchill will be with the addition of these players.

Sunil Chhetri is used to Indian football and Churchill is a club where he can thrive at if used right. 

Balal is a question mark. I watched his matches in the 2011 SAFF Cup again and really his best asset is his speed. He is a speedster for sure. His first touch is crap but he makes up for it with a pretty good shot. He also needs more calmness on goal. He had many chances against India but failed to take one. At one point it was one v one against Karanjit but he hit it right at Karanjit. I see him as a bench player for now.

As for Tamba, I have not seen him play at all so I wont tell you how he would do.