Introduction Thread

Comments

• welcome alex....so a liverpool fan in IFN after justice delieverd to 96 kops ....you will enjoy the discussion here

• Hey Alecs!! Where are you from Kerala?? I'm from Kochi and I was there for the match too, between Chirag and East Bengal !!

• welcome back varun kochi...

• alecsalecs Kerala663 Points

Hi varun. I am from Alleppey.

• > alecs said:
    > Hi varun. I am from Alleppey.

Welcome to IFF..this is the place to be for indian football related stuff..

like i am waiting for the day when Kerala will again rise to be a strong force in Indian football..

• Well..I have introduced myself before but will just take this opportunity to share few incidence of my past related to football..I find it hillarious to ponder upon and really laugh at myself :-)

Well as far as I remembr it was somewhere in around 2008-09 season..India as usual was languishing around the 140 mark in International rankings..And as usual, my friends and me were in party mood on friday evening, drinking to the hilt..we decided to play a gameand everyone shared his Saddest day/part of his life..When my turn came i couldnt recollect any ..so said-"Well..India's football ranking isw around 140..I think that is the saddest part of my Life :-)"..Everyone was stunned to silence for sometime and then they all started laughing hillariously..Even now, when we meet my friends do not forget to say--'think your saddest part of life has just gone WORSE;-)"

Mine is an arranged marriage..so when I met my would be wife for the first time we had interacted a lot..I remember once she asked me ;'Is there anyone else in your life?'..I said-'yesy..you are my second love..'..i actually didnt realise what i said and she thought this the entire day and asked me on phone the next day..'If you are already in Love why marry me?'..i recollected the day before and was just out of my mind with laughter....i said--'well since my birth my first lady love is FOOTBALL...you will only come second throughout my entire life'...;its been 4 years since marriage and i have a 2 year daughter..my wife has learnt what to expect when there is football match--she never watches any soap opera..infact she sits with me to watch Football :-)

The most interesting part for me in internet is ' Goal.com, IFn, Spotskeeda.com'....these sites are open 24x7..hardly go to facebook for 10 min entire day..So guys..if you do not give any update in this forum..my day gets BORED.....So continue your support for Indian football as I am ..:-)

• > souravindia said:
    > Well..I have introduced myself before but will just take this opportunity to share few incidence of my past related to football..I find it hillarious to ponder upon and really laugh at myself :-)

Well as far as I remembr it was somewhere in around 2008-09 season..India as usual was languishing around the 140 mark in International rankings..And as usual, my friends and me were in party mood on friday evening, drinking to the hilt..we decided to play a gameand everyone shared his Saddest day/part of his life..When my turn came i couldnt recollect any ..so said-"Well..India's football ranking isw around 140..I think that is the saddest part of my Life :-)"..Everyone was stunned to silence for sometime and then they all started laughing hillariously..Even now, when we meet my friends do not forget to say--'think your saddest part of life has just gone WORSE;-)"

Mine is an arranged marriage..so when I met my would be wife for the first time we had interacted a lot..I remember once she asked me ;'Is there anyone else in your life?'..I said-'yesy..you are my second love..'..i actually didnt realise what i said and she thought this the entire day and asked me on phone the next day..'If you are already in Love why marry me?'..i recollected the day before and was just out of my mind with laughter....i said--'well since my birth my first lady love is FOOTBALL...you will only come second throughout my entire life'...;its been 4 years since marriage and i have a 2 year daughter..my wife has learnt what to expect when there is football match--she never watches any soap opera..infact she sits with me to watch Football :-)

The most interesting part for me in internet is ' Goal.com, IFn, Spotskeeda.com'....these sites are open 24x7..hardly go to facebook for 10 min entire day..So guys..if you do not give any update in this forum..my day gets BORED.....So continue your support for Indian football as I am ..:-)

hey that was a very interesting anecdote....dont worry india will inprove on fifa rankings

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points

Haha... @souravindia u r screwed...it doesnt seem to be gettin better anytime soon.
    @silicon3 you r one of those few lucky ppl whose wives dont mind their husbands' 1st love

• > somesh said:
    > Haha... @souravindia u r screwed...it doesnt seem to be gettin better anytime soon.
    > @silicon3 you r one of those few lucky ppl whose wives dont mind their husbands' 1st love

hmm...the situation can change any time...

• Reviving this thread. Surprised it is not an announcement. Actually I suggest that this thread be changed to "Introduction Thread (For New Members)" and be made an announcement so new members know for sure that they introduce themselves here. We have been seeing new members and I think it would be best for us to get to know them better so we can make a better environment around here and have a better understanding of each other.

For new members reading this post I recommend you do the following in your introduction...

Hello, my name is [Username]. My real name is [Optional]. My favorite club is [Insert favorite club(s) here and country]. And then add stuff about yourself. Come on, we all really want to know and hopefully we get to know you better. Cheers.