Introduction Thread

Comments

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points

Agreed with the above post :)

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

@Samiron @Rara if u guys Introduce Yourself that whould be good.

AND WELLCOME TO IFN

• RonnyRonny 10488 Points

> silicon3 said:
    > > souravindia said:
    > > Well..I have introduced myself before but will just take this opportunity to share few incidence of my past related to football..I find it hillarious to ponder upon and really laugh at myself :-)

Well as far as I remembr it was somewhere in around 2008-09 season..India as usual was languishing around the 140 mark in International rankings..And as usual, my friends and me were in party mood on friday evening, drinking to the hilt..we decided to play a gameand everyone shared his Saddest day/part of his life..When my turn came i couldnt recollect any ..so said-"Well..India's football ranking isw around 140..I think that is the saddest part of my Life :-)"..Everyone was stunned to silence for sometime and then they all started laughing hillariously..Even now, when we meet my friends do not forget to say--'think your saddest part of life has just gone WORSE;-)"

Mine is an arranged marriage..so when I met my would be wife for the first time we had interacted a lot..I remember once she asked me ;'Is there anyone else in your life?'..I said-'yesy..you are my second love..'..i actually didnt realise what i said and she thought this the entire day and asked me on phone the next day..'If you are already in Love why marry me?'..i recollected the day before and was just out of my mind with laughter....i said--'well since my birth my first lady love is FOOTBALL...you will only come second throughout my entire life'...;its been 4 years since marriage and i have a 2 year daughter..my wife has learnt what to expect when there is football match--she never watches any soap opera..infact she sits with me to watch Football :-)

The most interesting part for me in internet is ' Goal.com, IFn, Spotskeeda.com'....these sites are open 24x7..hardly go to facebook for 10 min entire day..So guys..if you do not give any update in this forum..my day gets BORED.....So continue your support for Indian football as I am ..:-)
    >
    >

Amazing stuff Sourav..good to have likeminded people you here :)

• AdminAdmin 240 Points

> Samiron said:
    > Samiron Thakur  from Guwahati here.  I sometimes follow Indian football. Since the game is being played in Guwahati, just excited about it.

Welcome to Indian Football Forum @Samiron
    You will find this place and the people totally amazing! 
  • > Samiron said:
    > Samiron Thakur  from Guwahati here.  I sometimes follow Indian football. Since the game is being played in Guwahati, just excited about it.

WELCOME! You shall really enjoy it here, like Admin said.

Anyway what is your favorite club?
  • Hi Everyone!!!
                        I am sorry that I saw this Introduction thread very late. My username is munna21977. I am from Kota, Rajasthan. My favorite team-well India National Team, all Indian clubs, even PSU/Departmental teams, Santosh trophy teams. I like Indian football a lot. I am a Mechanical Engineer and have lived in USA and UK for some years. I am from Rajasthan and I hardly get any opportunity to watch  Indian football match in stadium but as I travel a lot, I saw following matches in stadium-

1) 2004 Santosh Trophy final Kerala versus Punjab 3-2  at Ambedkar Stadium, Delhi
    2) National Games 2001 Finals Punjab versus Goa at Ludhiana
    3) Rovers cup semifinals (if my memory is correct) 2000. Mohun Bagan versus East Bengal at Cooperage, Mumbai

It is my dream to watch Calcutta derby one day. As I stay out of India most of the time, I am unable to catch much football action but internet links are my only source. My thanks to admin and other participants of this forum as I get lot of information about India Football from this site.

Cheers!!!!

• Welcome Munna. Wow. So another US living user. And UK!!! Well traveled mate. Within and outside of India. And so far from what I have seen from you here and goal.com (I think that is you on the Goal.com comments; munna) I have to say that you shall be a very important part of the community we are building up here. Its amazing really. I hope you enjoy it here and build a huger love for Indian football than you already had. 

• WELCOME MUNNA,santosh trophy final 2k4 is the best ever..

• > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > Welcome Munna. Wow. So another US living user. And UK!!! Well traveled mate. Within and outside of India. And so far from what I have seen from you here and goal.com (I think that is you on the Goal.com comments; munna) I have to say that you shall be a very important part of the community we are building up here. Its amazing really. I hope you enjoy it here and build a huger love for Indian football than you already had. 

Yes I am at goal.com with munna username. U guys are doing a fabulous job here in promoting Indian football. Thanks

• > jitinjoseph said:
    > WELCOME MUNNA,santosh trophy final 2k4 is the best ever..

Yes Jitin, that was a great day. I remember Ambedkar Stadium was jam packed and thousands of people were stranded outside but there was no place. Many people climbed on the walls of nearby Feroz Shah Kotla Cricket Stadium to catch a glimpse of this match. I experienced Golden Goal, pitch invasion by fans, police lathicharge, fire crackers that day.
    :P