Daily dose of east bengal

Comments

• thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29635 Points
    @Deb_Ban: Thanks a tonne for your information about one of the neglected geniuses of Indian football. Could you please share the link where you wrote about your experiences, or at least mention the thread? It fills our heart with pride to know that such persons, who have never kowtowed to the powers that be and have never hesitated in calling a spade a bloody shovel, rare though they may be, still exist in this world.
    munna219777Deb_BanNagendra
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9963 Points
    Sorry, cannot locate the post, or even the thread. But he is as you mentioned him.
    I think i have got it: this is it, isn't it? (p. 200 of 'Online Chatting') You see i am a great one at fishing things out B)

Few years back, I met the legendary Balaram (of the trinity PK-Chuni-Balaram) at Uttarpara, his home in the suburban Kolkata. Bitter and reclusive, he seemed to be not bothered at the state of the game now, a state which seems inevitable to him. And such humility. I was ecstatic, as I could not believe I was talking to HIM only. He mumbled, presumably embarrassed, " it's ok, I just played football [like a lot of kids] during my youth, I am past that life; I am an ordinary man now."

Here is a rare take on Indian football from his viewpoint:
    http://www.outlookindia.com/article/Wasted-Miles/291065 
    Anyone interested in the decline of Indian football should take a reelook at that Outlook India article. BTW, some of the reactions it provided in that page by some of the members, particularly Cybertron, were epic ;)
    munna219777Deb_Banfootydip
    EAST BENGAL ALL THE WAY

Highest number of fans in India, East Bengal surpasses all the ISL clubs as well

EB Fans
    A proud moment for all the East Bengal fans across the globe.. | Image: File pic
    Kingfisher East Bengal reaches another feat as their official Facebook page has achieved 13.94 lacs LIKEs on their Official Facebook page.
    The LIKEs indicate the massive Fan following East Bengal is having amongst the football lovers in India.
    East Bengal now have the highest fan base amongst all the ISL franchisees & I League clubs pages in Facebook. The following are the details of the amount of fan base the Indian football clubs have at the moment:

FACEBOOK LIKES

KINGFISHER EAST BENGAL : 13.94 Lacs
    Atletico de Kolkata: 10 lacs
    Pune City FC – 9 lacs
    Kerala Blasters: 8 lacs
    Delhi Dynamos: 6.5 lacs
    Mumbai City FC: 6 lacs
    Mohun Bagan AC: 4.6 lacs
    Chennaiyin FC: 4 lacs
    FC Goa: 4 lacsNorth East United: 3 lacs
    Shillong Lajong FC: 2.4 lacs
    Bengaluru FC: 1.9 lacs
    Aizawl FC: 0.5 lacs
    The Club’s Official Facebook Page is currently the most popular page on Indian Football Clubs in Facebook and it is the third most popular amongst Asian Football pages in Facebook.
    During this Month a contest with hashtag #LalHoludPujo will be run on Official Facebook Page of Kingfisher East Bengal to promote the iconic Red & Gold colours of the club during this radiant season with the help of Facebook Profile picture frames.
    munna219777Nagendra
  • Carbon_14Carbon_14 Bengaluru 4771 Points
    See Pune city FC is third
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    Bengaluru FC: 1.9 lacs ( 100 % Genuine Likes ) 
    Aizawl FC: 0.5 lacs ( 100 % Genuine Likes ) 
    FC Goa ( 70 % Genuine Likes ) 
    Mohun Bagan AC  ( 70 % Genuine Likes ) 
    KBFC 70 % Genuine Likes )

So above list is useless , last we had discussion regarding this , how clubs in ISL and many I league clubs sponsored their pages .
    Deb_BanCarbon_14munna219777Nagendradeepakc
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29259 Points
    9 lakh fans on Facebook, 9 thousand free entry fans in stadium and 9 fans with valid tickets story of 3rd most supported Indian club on FB :P
    gaffertapeDeb_BanAKBCarbon_14kuldeep007Nagendradeepakc
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    That list is a joke, a big one. And if EB went for paid likes, the count would have exceeded 3 million + .
    Deb_Ban
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    It is no mystery anymore. Pune City do the paid likes or whatever.
    Nagendra
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6482 Points
    It's very funny to see ;gaffertape liking all anti-ISL comments..

I still didn't understand why people like to make fun of Pune...

Most of the folks are not aware of Pune.... Not sure about the reason... But Pune people are not sport lovers.... even in IPL, we can see empty seats/stands... Please don't compare with E.B & M.B.. They are most established clubs.... And also Pune is not Bangalore/Chennai to get fans in first few years...It will take years to set-up fan base..

Regarding paid likes... that is common now-a-days... 
    gaffertapeCarbon_14AKB