Daily dose of east bengal

Comments

• thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29635 Points
    I have seen that WAGS sometimes have a distracting (but sometimes also constructive) effect on footballers...so I keep an eye on them...as much as possible B) ...particularly EB players...ever since the day I read in the papers that P.K. Banerjee had sent the newly married Subhas Bhowmick's wife away from him for some months to keep his focus firmly on football and transformed him from a talented to a hard-working and top-class player...but of course, Bhowmick repaid him by showering the choicest expletives on him and telling other people that that person has stolen his wife from him (not a figment of my imagination but revealed by the legendary coach himself in his coaching memoirs in ABP)...but such is the destiny of us coaches and teachers...tough luck, i guess :s  
    munna219777Deb_BanNagendra
    Some East Bengal news at last: Don't know whether this is another hoax or not but we definitely need a good defender, the likes of Angus, Susak and Bello have been found woefully inefficient in the recent years

Swedish defender to replace East Bengal’s Callum Angus for I League ?

528x300

Internet Desk: Kingfisher East Bengal club are in talks with a Swedish defender for I League. The club is likely to release their British signing Callum Angus. The former Dempo footballer’s unimpressive show in the Calcutta Football League might get him the axe.

According to the club’s football secretary Santosh Bhattacharya, “Most likely we will be releasing Callum Angus ahead of I League. We are in the lookout of a central defender. Our coach Trevor Morgan is in talks with quite a few players.”

Angus was brought by the club on the suggestion of Coach Trevor James Morgan. Morgan was the coach of Dempo when Angus last played for the Goan outfit.

The Swedish defender has quite an impressive bio-data. 19 years old Linus Wahlqvist has already played for the Swedish national team. The 6 ft. tall central defender has already played for U’17, U’19 & U’21 teams for Sweden. His made his international debut against Finland on January 10, 2016.

According to club sources, Linus has mailed his CV to the club along with his video footage. Last year East Bengal was in talks with Iain Hume, Antonio German and Leo Moura, but none of them donned the Red and Gold colours.

“I do not know about receiving any bio-data from any Swedish footballer. But, yes we are definitely in the lookout for signing a central defender before the commencement of I League,” says football secretary Santosh Bhattacharya.

If Linus signs for East Bengal, it will no doubt be a huge signing for the Kolkata giants.

Thanks for saving me from the premature celebrations :o....also very disappointed as an EB fan :'(
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Linus Walqvist will himself email his CV and Video? Not his agent?
    deepak dedha
  • deepak dedhadeepak dedha Ghar2820 Points
    I doubt this to be true as he is just 19 and playing for league leaders. he will definitely have better options.
    munna219777
  • Carbon_14Carbon_14 Bengaluru 4771 Points
    And before signing a good European player officials of club should show him facilities. They should learn from what happened with that Southampton defender and MB
    munna219777thebeautifulgamedeepak dedha
  • samsam 16428 Points
    edited October 2016
    These EB officials and their theatrics 
    Wedson 1

Sk. Jamal Dhanmondi stands in the way of Wedson’s availability for East Bengal in I League

October 19 2016 ,17:21

Kolkata: Can we see an on field duel between Haitian International Sony Norde & his compatriot Wedson Anselme in the forthcoming I League. For that to happen, East Bengal fans will have to wait a little longer. Wedson, who gets his contract terminated in November, is yet to get his NOC from Sk. Jamal Dhanmondi to play for East Bengal. Although the Haiti footballer has signed for the Red and Golds a couple of months back, but it is still not certain whether his present club will give him the NOC to play in India.

East Bengal’s arch rivals Mohun Bagan had to face a lot of trouble from the Bangladeshi club to sign Wedson’s team mate in their favour. Both Wedson and Norde were part of the Sk Jamal Dhanmondi squad that took part in the 2014 IFA Shield.

Wedson last played for Haiti in 2012. He joined Dhamondi on lien from his former club Aigle Noir in 2013. Although his contract with Dhanmondi expires in November, East Bengal officials are still not certain about his availability in I League.

According to a senior official of the club, the club faced a similar problem with Bright Lukeman when the Nigerian signed for East Bengal but was unable to get NOC from his club Ebusa Dwarfs. His old club stopped his transfer as they got promoted to the second division of the domestic league.

Another Haiti footballer Kervens Belford is also in East Bengal’s radar. Belford who is now playing for Kerala Blasters in Indian Super League has been a regular in the national team since 2010. He has scored 11 goals from 30 matches.

According to sources in the club, Coach Trevor Morgan has told the club officials to release both Do Dong & Callum Angus. But the problem is they still have a valid contract with the club.

Meanwhile the club has already signed Robin Gurung (Shillong Lajong), David Lalrinpuia (Aizawl FC), Jackichand Singh (Salgaocar) and TP Rehenesh to ply their trade with them in the forthcoming I League.

The club is also in talks with Anas Edathodika – Delhi Dynamos, Sandesh Jhingan – Kerala Blasters & DSK Shivajians, Robin Singh – FC Goa & Bengaluru FC, Sumit Passi – Sporting Clube de Goa &North East United.

• sdr62sdr62 225 Points
    East Bengal talked and finalised Richard Mensah (Ghana), the highest scorer of Ghana League but he joined in the 2nd Division Club, FC Bardez of Goa in the last month with Koko Sakibu, former striker of Dempo Sports Club. The coach of that club is Armando Colaco and Assistant Coach is Climax Lawrence. This is the recruitment style of East Bengal ClubOfficials!
    red_devil