Daily dose of east bengal

Comments

• munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    edited January 2015
    EB, MB, Md Sp should seriously talk with Army, AIFF and other bodies to allow them to develop and use their grounds at Maidan to atleast play non derby I-League games.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    Why would army object if the clubs say they want to develop the stadium into modern one and use it for i-league games?? I fell army are concerned that give a free hand these officials might ruin the facilities whichever is available currently...
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    I would much prefer money be spent on land that is not even owned by the Army... I understand why it is currently the case but it is still stupid.
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    @shankar That Maidan is owned by Army since the days of Nawab Siraj-ud-Daula, East India Company, Lord Clive, Battle of Plassey and when Calcutta was founded. Since Independence, we got our Eastern Command Headquarters at Fort William which is at one corner of Maidan. For security reasons as they need clear vision, no permanent structures or any building with any height is allowed in the Maidan area. They gave one exception to Eden gardens for Cricket as it was burnt down by fans in 1960s. Army ownership and restriction is the reason why clubs like MB, EB, Md Sp have to operate on low profile tents and grounds.
    Army will not compromise on security. If clubs go far away from City Center, then what is wrong with Salt Lake stadium? new land which they will get will be even further from the city.
    shankarArsenalFan700bida 25
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    Army did allow Mohun Bagan to install flood lights and have the member gallery permanent from the wooden one of the yore. In today's security environment that logic of security by Army is obsolete. Our governments dont give shit about sports and hence EB dont really own the ground a la MB.
  • dhritiman7dhritiman7 4030 Points
    edited January 2015
    I think this army issues were discussed earlier in this forum. With all these obstacle EB tent is a place to be. If EB hosts I league matches (weekend 3.30 pm) that would be fantastic as the ground can be filled easily with 20k people and good TV coverage will be there. I personally prefer EB ground as it gives a closer look on the game compared to YBK. There was a talk regarding installation of floodlights also but no update on that. Can tyre mounted high-must or mounted flood light be used for football matches?
    munna219777
  • coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    Don't hide the inefficiencies of MB,EB,MMD. These clubs are financially weak to renovate the old stadium let alone construct a new one. They have been bluntly giving reasons like this to put everything on Army rather than on themselves. As for the security thing you are saying, another scam this is. Ever seen the command head quarters of other centres. Eg. Delhi. Cantt area in Delhi is not clear like maidan. Still it is the most high profile cantt in India. This reason is bullshit. I don't believe this. And for what do they need clear vision. 
    These bloody bangladeshi have been entering the country from the eastern border and no one seems to care. No one is actually bothered enough to stop this. But, nah bhai. Sports ko badhne nahi denge
    .This is our mentality
    rudra
  • footydipfootydip Ranaghat, Nadia, West Bengal2722 Points
    bangladeshi intruder...Army not allowing scam....whatever you say the fact is that The Army doesn't allow our clubs to build permanent structure. It's an real issue. No scam is there. You believe it or not. And also i'm not aware about any ' profile ' ( high / low) of any army cantt. They all are same.
    archak
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    What East Bengal needs is a professional management backed by a big money investor group for the football company. The current people in power needs to go out of it and just run the rest of the club. With Nitu Sarkar out and no one in the current working commitee really that commited, this might happen sooner than later *fingers crossed* 

Army owning the ground and refusing to let go of it is a farce. Needs a strong willed political person who is commited to football in the centre to get this done, but what we have is Prafool Patels of this world.

P.S. We are the most liked Indian football outfit in FB with 1.3 million likes and most probably the most popular Indian football club ever!
  • footydipfootydip Ranaghat, Nadia, West Bengal2722 Points
    show some super efficient indian club who use their own stadium. at least we do have our own ground. own stadium.
    Some people here are obsessed with faults of kolkatan big three clubs.
    munna219777dhritiman7rudra