Daily dose of east bengal

Comments

• wakao10wakao10 307 Points
    According to an EB official, it will be decided in tonight's meeting. 
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    East Bengal anyways need to revamp their squad. Most of the guys who formed the core of the team for last 4 seasons are past their prime now. And EB doesnt really have so much of a financial problem, sure they lost some money due to the Saradha crap but what they need is a few dedicated guys taking the rein of the football team. 

Except for BFC and maybe KBFC, which other clubs are doing anything? Goan clubs cant even get 200 people to watch their games man, same goes for Pune FC I guess.
  • wakao10wakao10 307 Points
    I am sure EB don't have financial problems, shows from what they are paying Leo Bertos!!!
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10059 Points
    Goan clubs don't want fans? Big LOL. 

If that is the case, why we discuss Goan football at all? That is somebody else's private entertainment after all (I mean, would I be interested to know how Akshay Kumar spends time for entertainment? Or Shivanand Salgaocar for that matter?).
    munna219777
    Well, I know this for a fact, EB is the best run club in Kolkata with much more facilities for the players than many Goan or North East Clubs. The age based teams have been running for a year now and will throw some youngsters in due time. If you see our squad  this year you will see there are a lot of youngsters. What we lack is a professional management for the football team. 

Pros:

Big squad with some big names.
    History, part of the biggest derby in this part of the planet.
    Huge global fan base with dedicated fan clubs.
    Own ground for practice and future I-league matches.
    In house multi gym, airconditioned modern dressing rooms, jacuzzi, etc.
    Stable Sponsors.
    Age based teams of U-10, U-15 and U-19 coached by licensed coaches.
    Active social media engagement, has hired professional event management firm (Pegasus Events Mumbai) to help organize home matches professionally and engage supporters.

Cons:

Marketing potential not completely utilized.
    Football team's management is done by amateurs (read club officials) and not by professionals.
    Late to become active in youth development. 

One big sponsor can elevate this club to ISL levels easily. But that would be against the interest of ATK and in turn IMG-R. 

Deb_Banfootydipmunna219777
    Most of these point are applicable to MB as well.
    Your club tent, gallery, fencing, overall facilities are in shambles, they havent even played CFL matches there for 2 years now! 
    We will, next year. Plus we have part concrete gallery with bucket seats :)
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    East Bengal goalkeeper Tyson Caicdo has reportedly attempted suicide twice after a newspaper scribbled a story about him working partime as Armando Colaco's Chauffeur and cook. His parents have flown in to Kolkata and are now contemplating on taking legal action against that newspaper.
    munna219777
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points