Daily dose of east bengal

Comments

• prasanta10prasanta10 kolkata57 Points
    No; not for i-league it's for the Bangladesh tournament and other local tournament..
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30143 Points
    Sammy Omollo thinks that East Bengal cannot rely on Dong alone to give them the I-League. Only a fit Ranti Martins can do so. Interesting take, given that many members in this forum consider him a spent force unable to deliver the goods any more. East Bengal is thinking of taking some of the Army footballers like Arjun Tudu, Jain P. for the Bangladesh tournament on lien, though the deal has not been finalized yet.
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    Its a fact, you need Ranti to deliver the goods if EB has to challenge the I-League title. Dong is a winger, he needs support upfront to make an impact. The marquee signing would be critical for EB this time. As we already have a weak link in Bello we can't afford another Bertos or Susak like signing.
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30143 Points
    You are spot on about the marquee signing. Incidentally, both our probable marquees - Iain Hume and Bruno Pelissari - have been among the goals in the practice matches of their respective franchisees. I know many prefer Bruno because of his young age and his skills, but I think that we need a positive striker more than an attacking midfielder. As for Bello, I think he is somewhat inconsistent, but as Opara said, he has really improved in the last two years and played a stellar role in Mohun Bagan's I-League victory last year.  
    EB won't pay 4 crores to Hume and Bruno doesn't qualify as marquee. For 4 crores you could get Garcia or Mendy.
    Also who the flack is Opara to comment on one of our players? Opara is just one unfit past his prime player who would never play in Indian again. He has been released by TA and has left the country.
    edited October 2015
    Lalrindika would most probably undergo surgery based on EB doctor's advice in the next few days. Meanwhile, EB's latest trialist Tonmoy Kundu scored a brace in their win over Calcutta Customs in a practice match. East Bengal to sign a few players on lien before the Bangladesh tournament, Tudu, Jain P and Kundu could be amongst them. Dong has returned from Korea and joined practice today with rest of the team at Howrah stadium.

Despite Ranti scoring against Pune City, Bhattacharya isn't happy with his game. Ranti's future in I-League depends on the next tournaments. Bhattacharya prefers a 4-4-1-1 formation in which Martins is ill suited.
    footydipdeepakc
  • footydipfootydip Ranaghat, Nadia, West Bengal2722 Points
    thànk god , finally ranty is on the radar. I hope we get rid of him.
    Both Ranti and Bello are on the radar, rightfully so.
  • sdr62sdr62 225 Points
    EB must take two positive strikers and a stopper back releasing Ranti as well as Bello.
    deepakc