AFC cup 2012

Comments

• usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    @Ronny - When Indian teams are playing never show optimism by halftime performance!!!
  • So. WHO IS READY FOR AFC PRESIDENTS CUP 2013 NEXT YEAR!!!! :(
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    If we go there, I will be happy...if we can win a few in Asian level (never mind how shit the opponent is)...it will be some positive publicity
  • Yes I am sure the papers will love I-LEAGUES DEMPO SC WIN THE AFC PRESIDENTS CUP BY BEATING BHUTANS MSIJSIUBSIYBDYBYDB FC.

Seriously this just shows how bad we are. We were all complaining in November about us losing that AFC Champions League spot but now we know that we did not deserve it.

Dempo SC I think will do well in the AFC Cup next season. I hope the AFC dont allow us back into the Champions League till we improve our teams and system.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    this again comes back to two major questions -

Should we keep on taking very difficult oppositions?
    Pros - Experience
    Cons - embarrassing defeat, alienating even the fans u got, moral shattering experience

Should we mix up our matches such that we do play some weaker opponents?
    Pros - Sweet taste of victory, Media interest, getting some fans
    Cons - Over confidence, hardly an improving experience

I feel Indian football needs to give some joy to its fans from time to time...thats why u got SAFF (which sud stay).... same for clubs i guess...i cant see them taking AFC challenge cup opponents, and with salary cap, not even AFC cup opponents
  • rudra wrote:
    this again comes back to two major questions -

Should we keep on taking very difficult oppositions?
    Pros - Experience
    Cons - embarrassing defeat, alienating even the fans u got, moral shattering experience

Should we mix up our matches such that we do play some weaker opponents?
    Pros - Sweet taste of victory, Media interest, getting some fans
    Cons - Over confidence, hardly an improving experience

I feel Indian football needs to give some joy to its fans from time to time...thats why u got SAFF (which sud stay).... same for clubs i guess...i cant see them taking AFC challenge cup opponents, and with salary cap, not even AFC cup opponents

yes. Sadly the salary cap may lower our play in the AFC Cup but long term it will work out. Look at Australia again. Before they had no salary cap then they got it and now they are in the AFC Champions League. They still suck though in Asian Club football in terms of where they should be.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Yeah, so in that case, if we advocate salary cap we should forget about AFC competitions (maybe president's cup) for the time being
  • rudra wrote:
    Yeah, so in that case, if we advocate salary cap we should forget about AFC competitions (maybe president's cup) for the time being

Maybe. Maybe we could do I-League champions get AFC Cup Qualifiers and Federation Cup champions get AFC Presidents Cup, straight away.

I say this because most likely Dempo will win the league and to me they already pass the salary cap whatever it would be. Plus they look the most likely to do well in it.