AFC cup 2012

Comments

• shankarshankar 2600 Points
    salary cap would mean all indian players at least would be getting what they deserve and not overpayed,...which would make them feel that they are payed less which will make them think of looking for options out of india...
    in this way it may help our national team finally with many players trying to trade in other asian countries at least if not european countries...
    i would liike to see our top players in a thailand league rather than our i-league
  • ashindiaashindia 9264 Points
    Salary Cap would mean that clubs don't spend more than what the players are actually worth.They also end-up saving money which could be used for other purposes.

Clubs can actually take-up loans for building Football Academy/Stadium/Training Grounds/Club House and pay the saved money as installment.
  • trojantrojan 371 Points
    when are eb and salgaocar's next matches and against whom ?
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    edited April 2012
    man for last 3 or 4 years EB makes as fed cup champion and i am not sure if they even won a single match
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    I will say this again. The priority list of Bengal clubs goes like this:

Calcutta League> I-League> AFC Cup

So you can understand
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    somesh wrote:

So you can understand

But the debutants salgaokar are performing worse than bengal team this time though tehy did got a draw for them
  • That is stupid if true for East Bengal. Again the Kolkata League should be for RESERVES!

I am guessing Federation Cup is so low that they dont care at all for it.
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    shankar wrote:
    somesh wrote:

So you can understand

But the debutants salgaokar are performing worse than bengal team this time though tehy did got a draw for them

Well Salgaocar first match was very close , although they lost .. second match at home was a draw , while the 3rd match away, while they got hammered the pace at which they played was very good for a Indian club level team, its just that they could not penetrate d Wehdat defence succesfully. Wehdat t were losing fsemi finalist to the eventual champions of last year AFC cup. They are very fast agile and tehcincally far better than ny indian team..

About EB i feel that they are just not intrested in the AFC, its like a obligation they have to go through...more likea penance.Its only under Trevor morgan that they seem to be showing come interest..like you rightly said it Calcallta league and d I-league
  • trojantrojan 371 Points
    edited April 2012
    agree with silicon3. even though salgaocar lost 5-0 they still played better than what India NT did against oman.
  • ashindiaashindia 9264 Points
    At first I was pissed off at Salgaocar loss but when I check out Al Wehdat team list then it was no surprise.

It was full of Jordanian Internationals and looking at Jordan performance since Asia Cup 2011 then definitely you can't do much about the scoreline.