AFC cup 2012

Comments

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    edited April 2012
    You think East Bengal went to lose the matches? You should start watching some of the matches before commenting. Its high time. In yesterday's match East Bengal controlled the midfield more and had better possession. Al Orouba had better strike force thats it.<div style="font-style: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-style: normal; ">And why do you think Pune FC will use that better? I know your answer</div><div style="font-style: normal; "><br></div><div><i>They are named after a city!</i></div>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    somesh wrote:
    You think East Bengal went to lose the matches? You should start watching some of the matches before commenting. Its high time. In yesterday's match East Bengal controlled the midfield more and had better possession. Al Orouba had better strike force thats it.</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; font-style: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; font-style: normal; ">And why do you think Pune FC will use that better? I know your answer</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; font-style: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><i>They are named after a city!</i></div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">I am starting to think you have something against me.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Also no Pune FC would not do well because they are named for a city (also I think that you think that is all I want, in which case East Bengal and Mohun Bagan should change to Kolkata United and Kolkata Rovers and Prayag United should change to Siliguri United which I have never indicated should happen) but you know Pune FC and Derrik, there entire goal is the qualify for the AFC Cup. Once they do that then the AFC Cup would probably be there top priority. That is all, and they are currently in 2nd which is why I said Pune. No need to get harsh. And no I did not watch any of the AFC Cup games (school and lack of TV coverage reasons) but I see the highlights and here are the East Bengal highlights...</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"> face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">And I think all of us can say that East Bengal is way, way better than this.</font></div>
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    1. No I have nothing against anyone except for biased opinions<div><br><div>2. At some point of time on this forum, you had actually suggested name change for the two clubs in the lines of Manchester City/United. Although your opinion might have changed now, which is good.</div><div><br></div><div>3. Highlights do not tell you the story especially when all they show is goals scored.</div></div>
  • somesh wrote:
    1. No I have nothing against anyone except for biased opinions<div><br><div>2. At some point of time on this forum, you had actually suggested name change for the two clubs in the lines of Manchester City/United. Although your opinion might have changed now, which is good.</div><div><br></div><div>3. Highlights do not tell you the story especially when all they show is goals scored.</div></div>

<br><div><br></div><div>1) I am not being biased</div><div><br></div><div>2) Yes, way back in October, and I believe I also said that EB and MB should fold. Now here I am 6 months later saying that they are the two most vital clubs the league should have.</div><div><br></div><div>3) They dont but you know as well as I do that East Bengal should have done a lot better than they showed these last three years.</div>
  • imsouravimsourav kolkata659 Points
    usaindia wrote:

<br><div>last 3or 4 years the calcutta clubs performance was not that great</div>
    I have serious problem with the word "PERFORMANCE" here. And that's what I tried to explain in my previous comments. Because as a viewer of eb's matches I'm very pleased with the performance in last 2 yrs of afc cup and have seen immense improvement and very entertaining brand of football.
    I think you are talking about results. And now tell me what's the difference between you and kolkata club officials who are very impatient and always go for results, no matter what's the performance is.
    usaindia wrote:
    [quote="imsourav"
  • imsourav wrote:
    I have serious problem with the word "PERFORMANCE" here. And that's what I tried to explain in my previous comments. Because as a viewer of eb's matches I'm very pleased with the performance in last 2 yrs of afc cup and have seen immense improvement and very entertaining brand of football.
    I think you are talking about results. And now tell me what's the difference between you and kolkata club officials who are very impatient and always go for results, no matter what's the performance is.

<br><div><br></div><div>What??? Sorry but the AFC does not think that way. We are lucky not to be in the 3rd tier Presidents Cup. The Kolkata clubs are way better than this, they have the skill, we all see it every year in I-League. They dont deliver though in Asian competition.</div>
    edited April 2012
    Just want to say you guys there's a misconception among few members of this forum is all kolkata clubs give more importance to cfl than afc cup. It's creating a negative mindset among some new follower of indian football about kolkata football. I'm seriously against it.
    cause I know how much importance is been given to afc cup by trevor morgan and his boys. They tried with lots of honesty and full commitment but few just see the results and criticise.
    just give you an example, east bengal played 80% cfl match with 2nd and 3rd team. Even we lost a match against 2nd div team aryan by 4-1 while playing wit young players. If cfl was given more importance then cfl trophy would have been in our tent much more earlier this season. Club officials always encouraged players to do well in international matches. Cause when you do good internationally it becomes a part of pride. I can bet you ask any eb official, they cherish one asean cup victory more than 32 cfl titles.
    so please I request don't blame my club
    arsenalfan wrote:
    imsourav wrote:

<br><div><br></div><div>What??? Sorry but the AFC does not think that way. We are lucky not to be in the 3rd tier Presidents Cup. The Kolkata clubs are way better than this, they have the skill, we all see it every year in I-League. They dont deliver though in Asian competition.</div>
    that's the problem man. Skills and better league performance just may not be enough. If that would have, then best skilled team in the world won't have been knocked out of ucl
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    imsourav wrote:
    shankar wrote:
    rudra wrote:
    0-2<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><div id="refHTML"></div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Kolkatta clubs...Y U NO play good in asian level tournaments???</div>
    absolutely bullshit allegation. I'm very disappointed that its coming from you.
    east bengal is the first indian club to reach quarter final of afc cup, won asean cup, played most number of afc cup, participated in most no. Of international tournaments representing india. Even this year our afc cup performance was top class barring yesterda s match. Results doesn't always show you true picture. Just like demos 0-0 east bengal doesn't reflect the match and eb's performance

<br><div><br></div><div>I am one of few admirer of the way east bengal been playing in i-league but for afc cup i am disappointed to see them losing by some big margins....</div><div><br></div><div>may be you are right that they tried their best...but they could have tried a different tactics that could hold their opponent...as chelsea showed it is not about playing good but about winning...you never can play your best football but need to change the tactics to get some results in favour of the team</div>
    edited April 2012
    shankar wrote:
    I am one of few admirer of the way east bengal been playing in i-league but for afc cup i am disappoint
    now that is absolutely different thing all together. Which is right.
    but I opposed your statement that "why you play no good football in asian tournaments??"
    which I feel is a seriously wrong allegation.
    anyway I hope you will now understand what I tried to explain you earlier