AFC cup 2012

Comments

• usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    imsourav wrote:
    Just want to say you guys there's a misconception among few members of this forum is all kolkata clubs give more importance to cfl than afc cup. It's creating a negative mindset among some new follower of indian football about kolkata football. I'm seriously against it.
    cause I know how much importance is been given to afc cup by trevor morgan and his boys. They tried with lots of honesty and full commitment but few just see the results and criticise.
    just give you an example, east bengal played 80% cfl match with 2nd and 3rd team. Even we lost a match against 2nd div team aryan by 4-1 while playing wit young players. If cfl was given more importance then cfl trophy would have been in our tent much more earlier this season. Club officials always encouraged players to do well in international matches. Cause when you do good internationally it becomes a part of pride. I can bet you ask any eb official, they cherish one asean cup victory more than 32 cfl titles.
    so please I request don't blame my club
    See all I want when Indian clubs participate at least make it respectable
  • imsouravimsourav kolkata659 Points
    But it's high time to clear such furious misconception of few members. Nothing against you or anybody else. We have to understand its a sport and you win some and loose some. When we qualified we tried our best which wasn't good enough. The results made you disappointed, probably I'm more gutted but we didn't play wel purposefully cause we are more concerned about cfl such comments makes me more disappointed. We all need to change our mindset
    @usaindia
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    imsourav wrote:
    Just want to say you guys there's a misconception among few members of this forum is all kolkata clubs give more importance to cfl than afc cup. It's creating a negative mindset among some new follower of indian football about kolkata football. I'm seriously against it.
    cause I know how much importance is been given to afc cup by trevor morgan and his boys. They tried with lots of honesty and full commitment but few just see the results and criticise.
    just give you an example, east bengal played 80% cfl match with 2nd and 3rd team. Even we lost a match against 2nd div team aryan by 4-1 while playing wit young players. If cfl was given more importance then cfl trophy would have been in our tent much more earlier this season. Club officials always encouraged players to do well in international matches. Cause when you do good internationally it becomes a part of pride. I can bet you ask any eb official, they cherish one asean cup victory more than 32 cfl titles.
    so please I request don't blame my club

<br><div><br></div><div>Great post.... although not a EB supporter I have been watching there line ups long enough, to see in CFL matches they gave most of the rookies and 2nd team members chance....</div><div><br></div><div>I think this has been a conception which has been formed by first networking conversation by indian football fans (Orkut, the fb) which has been carried through...</div><div><br></div><div>I would say one can blame EB for poor results in AFC but to say that has been because they put little importance to that is outright wrong...last yr. when EB was in title race and also played AFC, they used 1st team for both..where they cud easily have focussed on I League and played their 2nd team in AFC..but they didn't... results are a different matter altogether, which as I have always maintained (many eb guys don't agree) is because of lack of solid odafa/ranty like strikers...tolgey comes from behind or wings but they need a guy who can convert those goals, Robin is not that sort of guy</div>
  • imsourav wrote:
    But it's high time to clear such furious misconception of few members. Nothing against you or anybody else. We have to understand its a sport and you win some and loose some. When we qualified we tried our best which wasn't good enough. The results made you disappointed, probably I'm more gutted but we didn't play wel purposefully cause we are more concerned about cfl such comments makes me more disappointed. We all need to change our mindset
    @usaindia

<br><div><br></div><div>Okay fine. Maybe the fact that CFL is more important is a lie but look at East Bengal's record in the last years in the AFC Cup...</div><div><br></div><div>2010: 0-0-6 (5 goals scored, 20 goals against) (Al-Qadsia, Al-Ittihad, and Al-Nejmeh in there group)</div><div><br></div><div>2011: 0-3-3 (9 goals scored, 17 goals against) (South China, Chonburi, and <span style="font-size: 10pt; ">Persipura Jayapura in there group)</span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt; "><br></span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt; ">2012: 0-0-5 (1 goal scored, 12 goals against) (Arbil, Kasma, and Oruba in there group)</span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt; "><br></span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt; ">That is 0-3-14 in the last 3 years. Surely East Bengal can do better than that.</span></div>

@arsenalfan you still didn't understan or don't want to understand. As I mentioned, results are different things altogether. But if you think east bengal is conceding goals purposefully to concentrate on cfl then you stay happy imagining that
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Yes ofcourse they can do better than that...but the point everyone is trying to say that its not a intentional thing that EB taking it lightly or non playing the best team...<div><br></div><div>Some feel that fans dont care about AFC, which is also a myth coz-</div><div>In fact, one of the things EB fans always try to 'claim' that they are better than other Indian clubs in foreign records, and that they take pride as they have better foreign records that MB. Now why will the fans want them to lose that?</div><div><br></div><div>I would say EB has been unable to make a team for AFC (that has to be accepted), three seasons can't only be coz of luck factor. The management needs to sit and discuss what are the basic difference between playing a indian club and afc level clubs...what are the tactical changes to be made etc.</div>
    @rudrada thank you. My effort didn't go to vain. Atleast one member understood what I explained. Fine.
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    We understand but we still feel en is missing something
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    usaindia wrote:
    We understand but we still feel en is missing something

<br><div><br></div><div>yes something is missing..agree</div>
    edited April 2012
    its good that you understood. I was expecting you to understand. Look there are certainly some technical faults but the allegations that some members threw have emotionally hurt me@usaindia